Cost per Item

billiesidea
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi there. 

Dropshipper here, I was wondering if there was a way to have all the "Cost per Item" fields populated based on the supplier the item was imported from. 

I really don't want to have to go through all the items manually to update them all. It would be great if there was a simple fix for this. Nothing is standing out to me as a way to automagically update them all.

Thanks

BilliesIdea

Reply 1 (1)
HappyPoints
Shopify Partner
76 8 27

Hi @billiesidea 

What you explain can be done easily by exporting your product information as CSV and working from there.

Shopify provides the option for bulk product importing with a CSV file. What you can do is you can export your current product CSV file by:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Products.

2. Click Export.

After that, you can use some basic functions to populate the "Cost per Items" column based on the value of the "Vendor" column. I provide you with the sample excel file below to show you how it should be done.

Finally, you can import the CSV back to your store by:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Products.

2. Click Import.

3. Click Add file, and then select the CSV file that you want to import.

4. Optional: To overwrite values for existing handles, check Overwrite any current products that have the same handle. Existing values will be used for any missing columns.

5. Click Upload and continue.

6. Preview the details about the import, and then click Import products.

If you have any difficulties Implementing it, feel free to send me your exported csv file. I will write the formula for you.

HappyPoints | Shopify Expert in Store Development and Growth
If my reply is helpful and solved your question, please Mark It As Solution and Like to let me know!
Looking for a solution to increase sales? Install app DISCOS now!
Want to know who we are? Check out our website.