New Shopify Certification now available: Liquid Storefronts for Theme Developers

Create new selection attribute for Product over 128 selection

maxwkf
Shopify Partner
16 1 0

Hi there,

I am new to Shopify. I need to add extra fields to product and it should be a range of selection.

I am currently doing it with Custom Data > Product > Metafields.  I created single line text field with validations.  However, it only support 128 entries.

Any one can tell me what is the standard way to add a new product attribute with a range of selection?  Or how to get around with those 128 entires?

Thanks

Replies 5 (5)
Small_Task_Help
Shopify Partner
314 9 22

Please try this : use product variants and their options

1. Shopify admin > Products > click on All products > Select the product to which you want to add the extra fields.

2. Go to the Variants section and click on add variant to create one if you do not have any

3. In variant settings at the Option field enter the extra field you want example: size or color etc. and save, repeat this step ( if you want to add more fields to your product.)

4. Once you've added the variants and their options, customers will be able to select their preferred options on the product page.

If you still need help you can contact us.

Click here to Contact and Get Shopify Store Help
E-mail - hi@shopifysmalltask.com
We are Shopify Store Small Tasks and Customization Experts
maxwkf
Shopify Partner
16 1 0

This does not look like my case.  I would like to have all the product able to select on the same attribute (while creating a new product at the admin panel) in which I can select like selection box.

i.e. I need to have a new attribute for the product called Grape Variety (for wine products).  And I need to be able to select from a list of them.

Small_Task_Help
Shopify Partner
314 9 22

Need to check the backend. Can you do coding from your side ?

Click here to Contact and Get Shopify Store Help
E-mail - hi@shopifysmalltask.com
We are Shopify Store Small Tasks and Customization Experts
maxwkf
Shopify Partner
16 1 0

I have done GraphQL import and the list cannot be over 128.

EasifyApps-Zoe
Shopify Partner
581 13 34

Hi @maxwkf,

You can maximize your product options without any limitations from Shopify by utilizing the Easify Product Options app (free plan available). If you have specific requirements for setting up these options using the app, please share them, and I'd be glad to offer further guidance 🤗.

EASIFY - MAKING SHOPIFY SIMPLE & SWEET!
Easify Product Options: Create custom product options 10X faster & easier!
Easify Product Attachments: Effortlessly add downloadable PDF files (or any other format) to Shopify pages!
Try for Free | 24/7 Live Chat Support