Creating discounts for email list only

arianneken
Visitor
1 0 0

Is it necessary to select sales channels if I'm creating discounts for my email subscribers only? Do I leave the channels selected, or do I de-select them?

Reply 1 (1)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

Hi, @arianneken.

The Sales Channels section is particularly useful when you'd like to offer discounts exclusively on certain channels on your store. For example, for stores that also have an in-person location, they might want to create discounts that are exclusive to their online shoppers only. In this case, they would then simply need to uncheck the Point of Sale selection from within the Sales channels section, so that in-store shoppers are excluded from their online-only discounts.

You may also see other Sales Channels, such as Facebook or Google, appear under this section. If you select these channels, then customers shopping via Facebook or Google are also able to utilise the discounts. You can find more information about discounts on our help guide here.

What kind of incentives are you offering your customers? Remember to notify your email subscribers of the exclusive discount you'll be offering them! We have a couple of great blogs for some email marketing tips you can look into, feel free to have a read of them below:

Once your discount is live on your store, make sure to also keep an eye out on your discount analytics. This will allow you to understand which discount strategies have worked, and will help you tailor a strategy that works best for your business moving forward!

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog