.csv Import error / Selected column types invalid CSV-Header: Missing Header: Title.

Solved
liudoox
2 0 2

Had same error, no solution from forums helped, but kept on trying and.. succeeded :)

The problem was with MS Excell (suspecting European formatting), but dind't want to mess with it.

Easy solution: open new google sheets online, copy everything from product excel to the google sheet and download it as .csv

works as a charm for me :)

darren_lawlor
3 0 0

screenshot.jpg

HI folks, I am really hoping someone can help me here as I am at my wits end....I have attached a screenshot of a wholesalers CSV file. I have used this file to import products but I am having no luck whatsoever trying yo use it to update inventory numbers...I keep getting various faults...missing headings initially. I inserted what I thought were the missing columns/headings and now I am getting an email telling me that "Line 2: Couldn't be updated because the handle doesn't match what's in Shopify" for ALL 5992 lines....

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2761 361 558

@darren_lawlor 

We would typically recommend ensuring that your CSV file matches what our system requires for headers/columns to ensure your products are uploaded/updated accordingly. If the headers/columns do not match, then our systems will have a hard time understanding what the columns are meant to be translated to, or will skip the column entirely. 

Based on the screenshot you provided, I can assume that the "Code" column would have been interpreted for the "handle" column our CSV format has. Given that you're getting the error that the handles do not match, I would recommend finding the product shown on line 2 within your admin. When you have that product open, scroll down to the bottom of the page where you see the "SEO" section. If you edit this section, you'll see the handle that has been applied to the product. Does the handle that appears here (i.e. domain.com/product/handle) match what you have within your CSV file? If no, then knowing the handle will give you a starting place for understanding how our system interpreted the original CSV file so you can update it accordingly. 

A possible workaround would be to export your products to a CSV file from the admin area. You'll then be able to see the layout of the CSV file required, but also would be able to update the inventory fields within a CSV file designed for our system. In theory, if you sorted your current CSV file by barcode, and then sorted the exported CSV by barcode, you could copy and paste the information over. Though, there may be formatting issues here depending on if the lines match up. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

damiengogogo
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi, can you have a look on my csv file that isn't importing but i think everything is ok, following the infos of the help and support pages.

I tried and tried but can't import those 37 products!

Where could i send you this file Peter?

HELP

Thanks a lot!

Damien

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2761 361 558

@damiengogogo 

Happy to review it. I've sent you an email to obtain the CSV file. 

damiengogogo
Tourist
5 0 0

Just sent you my file by email Peter, thanks for your help!

Peter, also, on the csv template you propose here https://help.shopify.com/csv/product_template.csv, the last column "Status" is missing no?

So I ad it on my file, you'll see.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
seasons-of-dawn
2 0 0

Hi Trevor.

Can you please look over my csv file? I've tried every which way to adjust it but I'm not an expert at this. Please help. 

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2761 361 558

@seasons-of-dawn 

What errors are you seeing? Taking a quick look at the file, I'd start with your variant lines. If you have variants, then you don't need the extra data: 

Before: 

03-12-11665-89338

After:

03-14-15377-32095

You'll see that you don't need to have a value in every row for Option 1/2/3 Name if you have variants. That said, you have values in Option 3 Name but no values in Option 3 values. Both columns need to be filled if you need to include a third option. Otherwise, remove the data found in the Option 3 name. 

0 Likes