Solved

How can I change my store's currency to GBP after a USD sale?

Jonesy3
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi there, I have recently changed my store entirely and with the fact I have an EU account on TikTok and cannot advertise to America i am solely making my store availabe to the UK for the time being and hence have a .co.uk domain. As i previously made a sale with my old store in USD currency I can't change the currency to GBP now. Could someone assist me with this? @Staff 

Accepted Solution (1)

Holly
Shopify Staff (Retired)
687 74 152

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Jonesy3 !

Once you have made a sale in a specific currency, you will need assistance from our support team to adjust the setting to a new currency. 

The reason why the feature to change the currency is locked after making your first sale is to give us an opportunity to explain the impact it may have on your business. Here are a few things to consider:

• First, your reporting will not be accurate going forward. The reports will show a number reflected in a single currency - the one you change it to. Since $1 does not equal to £1, the reporting will be inaccurate.
  • You will need to reconsider your product pricing to account for the exchange rate after your currency change.
  • Some apps may have limitations when it comes to changing the selling currency. If you believe one of your apps may be affected, I suggest contact the app developers for more context on the impact.
  • Refunds processed after the currency change will also be affected.

If you still wish to move forward with the currency change, you can contact a member of our support team for assistance

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Cheers!

Holly | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 464

You need to submit an email to Shopify support team, they would be able to make a currency switch internally.
https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact/

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).

Holly
Shopify Staff (Retired)
687 74 152

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Jonesy3 !

Once you have made a sale in a specific currency, you will need assistance from our support team to adjust the setting to a new currency. 

The reason why the feature to change the currency is locked after making your first sale is to give us an opportunity to explain the impact it may have on your business. Here are a few things to consider:

• First, your reporting will not be accurate going forward. The reports will show a number reflected in a single currency - the one you change it to. Since $1 does not equal to £1, the reporting will be inaccurate.
  • You will need to reconsider your product pricing to account for the exchange rate after your currency change.
  • Some apps may have limitations when it comes to changing the selling currency. If you believe one of your apps may be affected, I suggest contact the app developers for more context on the impact.

If you still wish to move forward with the currency change, you can contact a member of our support team for assistance

Cheers!

Holly | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

HugeSailor
Visitor
1 0 0

@Holly wrote:

Hi @Jonesy3 !

Cheers!

Good one, I had no idea about this trick. Make sense if it works pretty well. Thanks!