Currently getting charged by Stripe and Recharge - How can I consolidate?

ffejdrapesh
1 0 0

Currently, my Shopify store utilizes Stripe as my payment processor and Recharge as my subscription processor. Both charge a percent of revenue and a fee per transaction.

I would love to either consolidate everything within Shopify (payments and subscription api) or within Stripe (which I believe recently introduced its own subscription management tool).

Does anyone have any advice on the best course of action to get rid of one of these (most likely Recharge), so I can avoid the large ongoing fee associated with it?

Reply 1 (1)
Julie
Shopify Staff
1103 105 302

Hi, @ffejdrapesh!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

I can definitely see how it would be convenient to have your payments managed through a single payment gateway. 

Shopify recently introduced a built-in subscriptions feature, which means that third-party subscription apps like Recharge Subscriptions are now able to process transactions directly through Shopify's checkout, using a single payment gateway. 

However, there are some eligibility requirements you'll need to meet, and you'll need to ensure you're using Shopify Payments as your primary payment gateway.

You did mention that you are using Stripe; is Shopify Payments not available in your region? If it is available, then I definitely recommend using Shopify Payments if you are eligible. With Shopify Payments, you won't be responsible for any transaction fees, and you'll be able to track your payouts directly through Shopify. Best of all, you should be able to use Shopify's checkout with Recharge. 

For more information on how Recharge integrates with Shopify's checkout, I recommend checking out Recharge's FAQ here. They also have a Shopify checkout integration guide here. If you have any questions about setting this up, then you'll just need to contact Recharge directly; when it comes to getting help with third-party apps, the developers are the best to assist. 

I hope this helps. Let me know how that goes! 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog