Can I set up a custom freight quote for heavy products on Shopify?

ericchristian
Visitor
1 0 0

I am trying to set up a shipping option for our larger products.  Let say there is a product that has a weight of 5000, our standard freight calculations for FedEx, UPS and USPS wont apply since this would have to ship via truck. 

I'm trying to set up something so if an order that is 5000 pound gets put in a cart and goes to checkout, a freight option will pop up that will show freight at $0 but will have text stating "We will work on a freight quote and get back to you with shipping options". 

I have tried setting up a custom rate for $0 that is based on 5,000 pound weight but it does not show up at check out.  I can always have the product set up with "this is a physical product" un-ticked but than the customer thinks that shipping is free when it is not. 

Any ides?  Thank, Eric Christian.

Replies 4 (4)

TOPWorldwide
Visitor
1 0 0

You can always reach out to us, TOP Worldwide. We're a freight broker that deals with all modes of transportation. Go here to get a quote: https://www.topworldwide.com/freight-quote-form/

angela34
Visitor
2 0 0

Dear Eric Christian. Used the transportation services of this company. The price corresponds to the quality. Ask them, maybe we can work together.

angela34
Visitor
2 0 0

Rakesh_Dobariya
Shopify Partner
28 2 10

@ericchristian ,

How many profiles you have ?

If only one, then you can create custom app as well to return rates with whatever description you wanted to Show to customer. 

Integration Agents