Solved

Custom Fulfillment Service emails

3loow16
11 0 0

Hello, I have set up different custom fulfillment services for our platform, and we are basically a marketplace so customers can order from different vendors. My issue is that if a customer buys from different vendors, can the email order go through the respective fulfillment emails each with their own products? Essentially sending different emails all with different products by a single customer.

Accepted Solution (1)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @3loow16

To clarify, you have set up different custom fulfillment services and are wondering if you can use different fulfillment services for different products? 

If yes, then yes, you can set which products will be fulfilled by what fulfillment service. Different products can be fulfilled by different services. Once you mark an order as fulfilled in your Shopify admin, each fulfillment service is sent an email with all the order information so that they can fulfill it for you. Each fulfillment service will receive an email based on the products in the order that are applicable only to them. 

If you require a more advanced connection than what is available through our custom fulfillment service feature, you will require the use of an app, or you can hire a Shopify Expert to help you build something custom. 

Let me know if I've understood your question! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @3loow16

To clarify, you have set up different custom fulfillment services and are wondering if you can use different fulfillment services for different products? 

If yes, then yes, you can set which products will be fulfilled by what fulfillment service. Different products can be fulfilled by different services. Once you mark an order as fulfilled in your Shopify admin, each fulfillment service is sent an email with all the order information so that they can fulfill it for you. Each fulfillment service will receive an email based on the products in the order that are applicable only to them. 

If you require a more advanced connection than what is available through our custom fulfillment service feature, you will require the use of an app, or you can hire a Shopify Expert to help you build something custom. 

Let me know if I've understood your question! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2195 201 587

@3loow16 if you're wanting to send the emails to your various fulfillment vendors depending on the order contents, separated by the products they carry, I don't think it's possible via the Shopify admin but this is a commonly used feature of the Shopify app Order Automator.

The way it works with Order Automator:

1) You create rules to identify orders (for example, if an order has a product from vendor A)

2) You can then enable an email notification and enter an email address, so if an order comes in that matches that rule, it will send the order contents + shipping address (you can also select to only show the products from that vendor, if you selected vendor as the identifier).

3) If you create a rule for each vendor, you now have an automated system to notify your vendors when orders come in with their products.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks