Solved

Can I customize product design options on my Shopify store?

PurplePartner
Shopify Partner
116 7 21

Hi,

I intend to sell different types of hats through a Shopify store.

I want to let the clients decide about the design of the hats. They should be able to choose between different colours and forms, with the possibility of adding their own text and logo. Also, they should be able to customize all the parts of the hat: front, back, right, left.

Is there any way I can do this using any of the Shopify apps? If not, how can I do something like this? 

Did you find my response useful? Mark it as "Accepted solution" so others can see it, or just like it.
Accepted Solution (1)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @PurplePartner

Happy to help look into this with you. With this kind of customization, you will require the use of an app. Here are some great options from our Shopify App Store

Do you already own the hats you are selling or are you looking at a print-on-demand business model? We have a lot of great resources on the print-on-demand business model, many of which can be found here. For example, one of the resources shared is our free video course offered through Shopify Compass called Build a Print-on-Demand Empire. It walks through the step-by-step process to create a print on demand store from start to scale. 

Let us know which app you decide on, and how your setup goes!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @PurplePartner

Happy to help look into this with you. With this kind of customization, you will require the use of an app. Here are some great options from our Shopify App Store

Do you already own the hats you are selling or are you looking at a print-on-demand business model? We have a lot of great resources on the print-on-demand business model, many of which can be found here. For example, one of the resources shared is our free video course offered through Shopify Compass called Build a Print-on-Demand Empire. It walks through the step-by-step process to create a print on demand store from start to scale. 

Let us know which app you decide on, and how your setup goes!

PurplePartner
Shopify Partner
116 7 21

Hi Hilary,

Thank you so much for your answer. It's definitely a step ahead.

I already own the hats and I have the tools to customize them, so it's my own Print-on-demand business. 🙂

I will get in touch with some of these apps to see if any of them can offer me all the customization possibilities I want. 

I will keep this topic open in case I will receive other opinions.

Thank you!

Did you find my response useful? Mark it as "Accepted solution" so others can see it, or just like it.
Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

My pleasure, happy to help. 

That's great you already own your inventory and will be customizing the hats yourself; thanks for sharing a little bit about your business! 

Let us know which app you ultimately decide on. 

LuckyTeam
Shopify Partner
31 1 1

Wow, i just did a similar project for one of my clients

you can check it here www.customized-tshirts.com

you can find details about the app i used here bit.ly/Zakeke, plus you can register for a free trial without supplying your credit card details

banned
PurplePartner
Shopify Partner
116 7 21

@LuckyTeam wrote:

you can find details about the app i used here bit.ly/Zakeke, plus you can register for a free trial without supplying your credit card details

@LuckyTeam wrote:

Thank you! I will have a look.

Cindy_Kickflip
Shopify Partner
25 0 1

Hi @PurplePartner !

Cindy here from MyCustomizer 🙂

You have a great project going on here, and our app could help you achieve it- Add personalized text, logos or images, personalize the 4 parts, and select style, colors and forms. All you would need are transparent .png images to begin. I would be happy to refer you to one of our trusted graphic designers if you do not yet have them at hand.

I invite you to try our free trial and check out our customization demos inside our app or some of our current customers' success stories

You can also book a quick personalized demo call.

I am most confident that our product would be more than suitable for your needs. Plus, it has a simple and easy user interface! 

If you have any questions, I will be happy to help, as always 🙂

Best regards,

Cindy

Cindy_Kickflip

PurplePartner
Shopify Partner
116 7 21

Hi,

Thanks guys for all your involvement. I decided to schedule meetings with people from the most popular product builder apps and decide which one is the best for my job.

Patrick025
Tourist
6 1 0

Sometimes you need to let your customers customize a product before checkout on your Shopify store.

Shopify development provides many options with the help of that you can easily customize it.

Traditional way to set custom options on your Shopify store as below steps:

1)Go to Products and choose the product where you want the engraving.

2)Go to Theme Templates and choose the “product customizable” template.

3)Save.

4) Go into your online store, click the product, and a field saying “Your name for engraving” should be there.

These apps can help you to customize your products and offer a more personalized experience for your customers.

Smart Product Options:

Unlimited Product Options and Creates an unlimited custom product fields including text, numbers, swatches, checkboxes, dropdown menus, file uploads and more.

Easy to set up, Flexible Conditional Logic, Add-On Pricing, Group Fields into Option Groups and reuse them, Price Add-On's, Field Types and Support Team

Infinite Options:

Infinite Product choices: Build Infinite amounts of personalized Product options including text, numbers, schedules, swatches, checkboxes and drop-down menus.

Product Options and Customizer:

Enable infinite Product Options: Apply Unlimited combinations to the web pages.

Upload With Add-on pricing: Feature choices and Customizer support you With per-option Pricing to top up sales. The extra costs are equivalent to higher sales per transaction.