What is the optimal method for setting custom quantity and pricing on Shopify?

maileehlers
Visitor
3 0 0

I'm setting up a shop that well sell custom printed boxes.

We are going to sell them in sets of 1, 10, then 25, 50, etc up to 250.

I want to be able to set it up so that I can apply a price to each set (for example, 1 would cost $50 while a set of 50 would be $4.27/ea)

There will be other variables too, some that cost more and some that cost less (like plain boxes, printed boxes, printed boxes that are printed on the inside and the outside)

What is the best way to do this? I understand that I may need to purchase an app but I haven't come across anything that addresses these, just ones that have you controling min and max order qty, inventory or volume pricing, none of which really solves this.

I will run into another obstacle of figuring out shipping since we will be selling them in sets as well and that will affect how big the shipment is and the weight - any advice on best way to do that?

Thanks!

Replies 5 (5)

khard
Shopify Partner
22 1 8

Have you looking into volume pricing apps?

https://apps.shopify.com/search?q=volume%20pricing

You may need to address the pricing and options separately. 

maileehlers
Visitor
3 0 0
Yeah the volume pricing apps don’t seem to have the option of controlling the quantity and the price. They seem to be like qty of 6+ has a percent discount. I want to dictate a specific qty and its price.
khard
Shopify Partner
22 1 8

Maybe I misunderstand but they typically work like:

1 = $50

2-10 = $4.95ea

11-20 = $3.95ea

So you can define a price for any specific quantity.

But none of them will "change" the price, just "discount" it.

maileehlers
Visitor
3 0 0
Yes that’s correct, the issue with that is that for example 2-10, they could order 2 or 3 but we can’t have that… We need it set up so that customers can either order 1, 10, 25, 50, 75 etc up to 250. No quantities in between, if that makes sense.

sagarkohli
Shopify Partner
14 0 4

Hi

You can do this using the Custom Price calculator app https://apps.shopify.com/custom-price-calculator.
The app allows you to create a calculator based on a formula and you can add it to your products. For your use case, you can use Dropdown or Input Range element.

sagarkohli_0-1682288234959.png

The app also has a bunch of pre-made templates that is pretty useful to get started. If you are stuck anywhere, the support team can help setting up the calculator
Hope you and others find this useful