Custom use to sell rental space, help with variants and settings

stockhorse
Visitor
1 0 1

I am exploring setting up a Shopify store to sell a very specific “product” but I would like to know if some settings are possible before I begin a paid account.

I run horse shows, and I’m looking for a way to rent or “sell” stall space at a weekend horse show. This concept is similar to a hotel renting rooms. I’m trying to figure out how I can use Shopify to configure the following:

— Each stall space would only have 1 quantity (ie, when Stall 1 is sold, it is no longer available to others)

— Each stall space would need to have the option of multiple nights in that stall (ie, 1 night = $25; 2 nights = $50, etc). I was going to use variants for this, but the quantity of the variants is a problem, because there is only 1 stall, regardless how how many nights are chosen. If I set the quantity for EACH variant to 1, then it still shows a quantity available after one variant has been chosen. Once a stall is chosen (no matter how many nights) it is gone and no longer available.

Is this possible? Is there a way to use the available settings to accomplish this?

— I also thought about not using variants, but instead the quantity for each night. But if they only choose 1 night, it is taken for the entire weekend (no one cleans it so it is ready for a new occupant the next day) so once a Stall is chosen (no matter 1 or 2 nights) it needs to be removed from the quantity.

I am excited about the possibilities of this app…. but definitely need to see if any of this is possible using your system.

Thank you.

Replies 2 (2)

alberternesto33
Visitor
1 0 0

THE BEST SPACE RENTAL SOFTWARE FOR THE BUSINESS 

Demands for office spaces are rising after the pandemic. This is the right time to launch a space rental business. Let’s build the best space rental software script to kickstart your space rental business in 2022. 

www.trioangle.com

radhausa
Visitor
1 0 0

Setting up a Shopify store for stall space rental at horse shows is definitely possible, and Shopify offers flexibility to accommodate your specific requirements. Here's how you can configure it:

1. Each stall space has only 1 quantity: In Shopify, you can manage inventory for each product variant. Set the initial quantity for the stall space variant to 1, and once it's sold, Shopify will automatically show it as out of stock, preventing others from selecting it.

2. Multiple nights option with different prices: You can use product variants to offer different night options. Set the different nights (e.g., 1 night, 2 nights) as product variants with their respective prices (e.g., $25, $50). This allows customers to choose the desired number of nights and see the corresponding pricing.

3. Managing stall availability: To remove the stall from the availability after it's chosen, you can either manually update the inventory by reducing the quantity or use an inventory management app that can automate this process based on purchases. Zipprr offers space rental scripts that can help streamline and automate the rental process for you.

If you're looking for a comprehensive solution specifically designed for space rental, Zipprr provides pre-built scripts that can be customized to fit your needs seamlessly. These scripts offer advanced features to manage stall availability, and pricing options, and streamline the rental process. Explore Zipprr's space rental scripts at https://zipprr.com/category/space-rental-scripts/ and take your stall rental business to new heights.

Best regards,
Radha Krishnan