How to solve the issue of a constantly crashing POS display on Amazon tablet?

RGWELD
Tourist
7 0 9

We are in California and required by law to have a customer facing real time display of our POS. We use Ipads (not on a stand) but for some odd reason Shopify doesn't make an app for this that is compatible with apple products. This means we need to buy an android tablet for the display and use the Customer Facing ap (which is terrible according to almost all users). We bought an Amazon tablet and downloaded the necessary programs to run the Shopify ap but it crashes every 2-5 seconds. When I contact Shopify they tell me that the Amazon tablet is not technically an android and that is why it doesn't work. I really feel like we are just going in circles with support over this. Does anyone have any good solutions to this problem? 

Thank you.

Replies 2 (2)

ConnectPOS
Shopify Partner
119 1 12

Hello @RGWELD,

I think ConnectPOS can be the solution to your problem. As the leading POS solution for Shopify, ConnectPOS is compatible with multiple devices, and Apple products are not an exception.

Our PWA Consumer App includes the Second Screen, which allows it to work smoothly on any device as long as you have access to the browser.

For further details, visit our app here or book a free demo with our consultation team!

ConnectPOS - Shopify POS app for PC, Android, iOS, omnichannel retail, inventory control.

BB8
Tourist
4 0 3

We're having the same issue. The amazon tablet + Shopify app combo is awful. No customer-facing display and paywalling all the useful features is ultimately why we'll switch to Square.