Solved

Customer filters & email segments - Big Problem???

Zen_Den_Candles
Excursionist
24 1 22

Is it just me - or is anyone else finding problems with Customer Segmenting?

I have 497 of our customers who are tagged as "Reseller"

When I create a query/filter/segment using - customer_tags CONTAINS 'Reseller' - it returns zero / none customers.

No-Resellers.png

But here is an example of 2 (of the 497) customers that are tagged with "Reseller" ??

Yes-Resellers.png

And here are 3 more ???

More ResellersMore Resellers

I have been messaging and emailing with Shopify Support - dozens of times since Saturday - and they don't seem to think that there is anything wrong at all.

So what am I doing wrong? (or am I actually turning senile - that happens when you're 68 😉)

Seriously though - has anyone been having similar problems?

Any comment / suggestion would be appreciated.

Nick

Accepted Solution (1)
Zen_Den_Candles
Excursionist
24 1 22

This is an accepted solution.

As of Saturday April 2 - this specific problem seems to be corrected.  

That said - I must confess that I was very disappointed :

1. that no Shopify Staff took the time to acknowledge or respond to this thread
  2. that I 'wasted" 20-30 hours of my time - trying to convince Shopify that there was indeed a problem - which Customer Support kept denying (until Thursday March 31)

Now the Customer Segmentation is working - but it's much less flexible and much less useful than the system of filters that we previously had access to.

Come on Shopify - start spending less on marketing (telling us how great you are) - and spend more on Customer Support - and on better understanding customer needs & requirement! 

Get out of your "BUBBLE"

All the best

Nick Majors 

View solution in original post

Replies 16 (16)

Zworthkey
Shopify Partner
5581 642 1565

@Zen_Den_Candles 

Welcome to the Shopify Community.

Kindly refresh the page or logout and login again.

It's some glitch.

Zen_Den_Candles
Excursionist
24 1 22

Thanks for the suggestion - Just did that (logged out and back in with a different browser - on a different computer) - with the same result - Zero Customers showing with the "Reseller" tag.

(As for Welcome to the Community - my profile shows an "Original Member" badge - been at this for almost 10 years - but Thank you !)

zsports
Visitor
1 0 4

YES !!! We have over 3,000 customers marked to a particular segment for a discount code that was working perfectly fine yesterday and now only 150 customers are supposedly tagged in that segment. We have now received hundreds of calls from irate customers today.  Shopify customer support at the moment is NOT helpful at all.  If you go into the individual customer files the info is there, it's just not showing in the customer segment section where that customer tag is essential apparently. Shopify  - clearly you changed something.  Please fix ASAP

Zen_Den_Candles
Excursionist
24 1 22
It's a real nightmare - and I can't get anyone at Shopify to even look in to it!

Since Saturday - I have been struggling with Customer Support - starting with a 53 minute online chat - followed by 28 emails (18 from me / 10 replies from Shopify) as well as this posting in this Shopify Community Discussion Forum.

The issue was finally escalated to a 'tech' - but with the same result - Customers Support does not acknowledge that there is anything wrong and they seem to suggest that I am just an inexperienced user not familiar with the Admin interface. (I have been a successful Shopify customer for 8 years and have managed, developed, tweaked & configured 5 stores - the current one since 2017).

Not sure where to go now.

I am beginning to believe that it's impossible to get 'competent' support from Shopify (short of paying $2,000+ per month for Shopify PLUS - @#$%&!)

ohcl_admin
Tourist
3 0 9

Yes, we are having the same issue. I can see in individual customer profiles that their tags are correct, but when I filter to create a segment, they don't appear. The update also meant that all my old 'audiences' have been lost too! Shopify help not being helpful at all...

Zen_Den_Candles
Excursionist
24 1 22

It think it's time for Shopify to start putting more money into Customer / Technical Support - and less money into marketing (telling the world how wonderful they are)

Do any Shopify Staff read or participate in these forms - or are we just talking to ourselves? 

ohcl_admin
Tourist
3 0 9

I have just got off a long long long chat with them - it is a known issue and they are working on resolving it within 5 days. We can only wait and hope!

Zen_Den_Candles
Excursionist
24 1 22

The last reply i got from Shopify Customer Support by email - ended saying :

I will be out of the office for the next couple of days, so responses to this ticket may be delayed.

"??? - I would have thought there was more than one person on staff there" (sarcastically) 

Zen_Den_Candles
Excursionist
24 1 22

@ohcl_admin wrote:

I have just got off a long long long chat with them - it is a known issue and they are working on resolving it within 5 days. We can only wait and hope!

Well - if it's a known issue - how come they don't post that somewhere to save all of us hours or even days of work and worry?  Obviously - even their own Customer Support doesn't know that it's a "known issue" and keep saying there is nothing wrong?

ohcl_admin
Tourist
3 0 9

Yes, I think they should post it somewhere to save everyone time.

Kenneth_Litko
Tourist
5 0 3

Same problem. Not all customers with the tag are showing up.

Zen_Den_Candles
Excursionist
24 1 22

The problem seems widespread - but still no reply to this thread from anyone at Shopify???

They really need to have a staff member reading or monitoring these Discussion Groups.

I actually love Shopify and am a long time supporter of them - but . . .

image.png

Please continue adding  - and describing your problems with the new Customer & Email Segments - to this Thread.  Maybe we can eventually get someone (at Shopify) to read it and respond?

JamieM
Excursionist
42 0 8

Yes, I am having the same problem as well.

I would love to see a segmentation for customers who purchased (or did not purchase) a product containing a specific keyword in the product title. Hopefully the segmentation by customer tag is fixed soon as I can use this as a temporary workaround.

Zen_Den_Candles
Excursionist
24 1 22

This is an accepted solution.

As of Saturday April 2 - this specific problem seems to be corrected.  

That said - I must confess that I was very disappointed :

1. that no Shopify Staff took the time to acknowledge or respond to this thread
  2. that I 'wasted" 20-30 hours of my time - trying to convince Shopify that there was indeed a problem - which Customer Support kept denying (until Thursday March 31)

Now the Customer Segmentation is working - but it's much less flexible and much less useful than the system of filters that we previously had access to.

Come on Shopify - start spending less on marketing (telling us how great you are) - and spend more on Customer Support - and on better understanding customer needs & requirement! 

Get out of your "BUBBLE"

All the best

Nick Majors 

Abdul_Mannan
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

I did too , in Customer Segmentation for searching Saudi Arabia cities.

Anyone know how i can add filters for Saudi Arabia cities??

racingranta
Tourist
4 0 0

This issue is ongoing. The filters in my segments are simply not filtering correctly.

I don't understand why the segments don't work, Mailchimp's work perfectly. Meanwhile the Shopify support continues to be cheery and useless