Customer service?

willdeines
1 0 0

Hi all -- I'm trying to figure out the best way to do customer service in my shopify store.  What do you all use?  Do you set up your own phone numbers and take calls?  Do you do chat and e-mail, too?  I'm planning to do customer service myself for now.  I don't know when I'll be hiring and I think I can handle it myself so far.

Honestly any recommendations or help is welcome!

Reply 1 (1)
Maz
Shopify Staff
93 23 20

Hi @willdeines,

I just saw your post and wanted to offer you some advice on this! Going from experience, the four most popular ways for customers to contact you about the store would be the following options:

• Calling by telephone.
  • Sending an email.
  • Using a contact form found on the website.
  • Using a social media messaging app such as Facebook Messenger.

1. What I would suggest here is, setting up a 'contact us' page on your store's footer. On the contact us page, you can advertise your store's telephone number and the contact email. On that same page you could create a contact form. If you're interested in learning more about creating a contact us page and contact form, check out our help center doc here.
  2. Another popular option with merchants is to set up a social media messaging app. There are a couple of options available to you on our app store here.  I would recommend Facebook Messenger - Live Chat, as this would be very popular among visitors to get in contact fast and efficiently with your store.

Is this your first store with us? I'd be happy to help you out with some business growth ideas!

Hopefully you find this information useful, any questions, just ask.

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog