Customers can't add items to cart? Related to Shopify Admin issue?

joshdane
Shopify Partner
33 0 22

When my customers try to add something to the cart, it says 'Cart is empty'

Is this related to the the Shopify Admin being down? https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-discussions/is-anyone-experiencing-an-error-when-logging-int...

Someone else reports the same issue on the thread above. 

Replies 4 (4)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @joshdane.

Thank you for reaching out and posting this question!

I've seen a similar issue in the past where customers weren't able to add products to their cart, and the issue was identified to be caused by a third-party upselling app. Were there any apps installed recently that may have lead to this issue?

If you're unable to identify the issue, then it looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

I'd love to know if you or our Support team can identify the issue. Keep me posted!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

joshdane
Shopify Partner
33 0 22

Nope not an app. It was the Shopify outage. 

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @joshdane.

Thank you for following up!

There was an outage on the day of this posting; however, we didn't receive any reports of issues with adding items to the cart. We've also deployed a fix shortly after, which should have resolved the issue.

Just to confirm, has this issue been resolved on your store?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

joshdane
Shopify Partner
33 0 22

I gathered lots of reports of items not being able to be added to the cart that day. 

The conversation linked in my post has them, first one appearing in the 3rd comment. 

https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-discussions/is-anyone-experiencing-an-error-when-logging-int...

But yes, everything is resolved. Thanks!