Customers Can't Check Out ... Order can't be shipped to entered address ... Photos included

vhuddleston
Shopify Partner
27 0 6

Below are my shipping settings I have set up in Shopify. The following is what customers see when trying to check out. I have no clue how to fix this. I am a drop shipper. The shipping costs are set by the vendor.   hudjewelry.com

Screen Shot 2022-07-30 at 11.58.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-30 at 11.58.47 AM.png

  

Replies 5 (5)

Skye
Shopify Staff
1071 97 195

Hi, @vhuddleston.

Thanks for posting to the forums, I hope your day is going well.

I see in your query you have posted the rates from your admin, but not what the customer sees at checkout. Would you mind posting the screenshots of the checkout? Additionally, is your supplier hudjewelery.com, or is that your business? 

If hudjewelery.com is your business, then I have found the issue. Your shipping rates currently say Ship From: Huddleston Jewelry. When dropshipping from a supplier you aren't shipping the product from your location, but the supplier's. Are you using an app by chance? If so, it should be Ships From: "Insert App Name."  To correct this, select manage next to Shipping From and select the app you are dropshipping from, or the supplier's fulfillment option.

Additionally, when using dropshipping apps, the shipping rates are not automatically input into your store, you will always need to create your own rates as you could have your own shipping strategy. The supplier's shipping costs are what the supplier charges you, not what you charge the customer.

When adjusting your rates I recommend providing your customer's free shipping. No one likes to pay shipping, and are generally happier to pay a higher price with free shipping, then a lower price with paid shipping. What most dropshipper's do is actually include the cost of shipping in the product price. This way the shipping is paid for by the customer, but they have the marketing and conversion benefit of free shipping! 

If you need any more assistance please let me know. Make sure to include the app you are using to dropship, or how you are connecting with the supplier for fulfillment.

Skye | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog
vhuddleston
Shopify Partner
27 0 6

Update: I think I understand now. Question:  On the Shopify shipping options where it says "Not shipping from" - if I choose one of the other options will the vendor name and address show on the customers receipt or will it show mat store name and store address? Make sense? If I can get those questions answered I believe I can fix this.

Skye, thank you. hudjewelry is my store. I am not using  an app. Shipping is set up directly through Shopify under "settings". I have 2 vendors. I do not want people to know the product is coming from a vendor and not from me. Can you tell me how I will set that up so it appears as if it's coming from me?

I have factored in the cost of free shipping in the US (USPS 1st class) so I have free shipping in the US. But to factor in shipping for "overnight" or express or international is going to price me out of the market. Make sense? So I have to charge for the other shipping methods.

Can you explain how I will set this up properly? 2 vendors. I want it to appear as if from Huddleston Jewelry and not my vendor. Free shipping in the US for USPS 1st class. All other shipping methods and international shipping  have a charge. 

Thank you in advance.

Skye
Shopify Staff
1071 97 195

Thanks for the context @vhuddleston.

Can you tell me more about how you added the products to your store and how you are sending the order information to your suppliers? It sounds like you are using custom fulfillment is that correct? 

The location shown under Ships From in your Shipping Settings is not what the customer sees. This is only a cue to the system for setting shipping settings. For example, you might have different fulfillment locations that ship to different regions, which all have different prices. Therefore, you will use the Ships From to set rates for the different fulfillment locations.

For the checkout to know what shipping rates to provide, the product settings need to match the shipping settings. If the products are stocked at location A, but you only set up rates to ship from location B, then you haven't technically created any rates. 

Essentially the "Ships From" location, should be the same inventory located listed in your products. You will need to open your products in your Shopify Admin and scroll down to the inventory settings. The location the product is stocked at is where you will need to have your products "Ship From" under your Shipping Settings.

vhuddleston
Shopify Partner
27 0 6

Hello, Skye. With your wonderful guidance I figured it out. I am currently using 2 vendors. I had to create a profile for each vendor. Before I could create the profile I had to insure each vendor had a "location". I then had to create the vendor profile and set the shipping rates for each vendor. 

Now though, I've run into a new problem. I have two (2) lines of jewelry: Fine & Fashion. Each a separate vendor.

The fashion jewelry line is working perfectly.

However, the fine jewelry is not. After I've selected the jewelry to be added to the fine jewelry profile I hit save but I keep getting a "Server Error" message. It could be due to the amount of products (approximately 9,000 items). I do not know. Either way, not sure how to fix this new issue.

Skye
Shopify Staff
1071 97 195

I'm so glad that helped!

It definitely sounds like there is an issue when adding the products to fine jewelry. First, I recommend some local troubleshooting. For example; clear your cache, update your browser, and test your network connection. Additionally the best browser to use with Shopify is Chrome. If you are using a browser like Safari, or Explorer, I recommend switching to Chrome. Next, try adding the products in smaller batches. 

If none of the above options work, I would reach out to our live advisors as our technical team may have to dig into the issue with you and need to access your account directly. Unfortunately, I don't have access from the Community Forums to assist on an account specific basis.

To access our advisors, please visit our Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request through live chat, email, or callback. Once you have logged in to your account, type your request in 'Ask about a topic', scroll down to 'Get Support', and then click 'Continue.'