Customers complaining while trying to check out

MySilverSquad
Tourist
3 0 4

Hello,

My shopify store seems to run slow when multiple people (around 10-20) are trying to checkout at the same time. I don't understand why this is happening. They complain that the payments are not going through and it's timing out. What could be the problem?

Replies 3 (3)
Trevor
Community Moderator
3086 401 629

@MySilverSquad 

Hmm, that is strange! Your website should have the ability to handle a large amount of traffic. Do you have any apps that could be causing the issue? What payment providers do you have enabled? Have you been able to replicate this yourself?

The URL provided didn't work, could you check to see if the correct one was provided?

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

MySilverSquad
Tourist
3 0 4

I'm not sure why the address I posted isn't working... https://mysilversquad.com/

That is the website. I only have apps that I have on my store are:

1) Customer Fields

2) Customer Privacy

3) Shopify Email

4) Storeify Contact Form Builder

5) TinyIMG SEO & Image Optimizer

These are all pretty standard apps, and being that I only use 5, I don't see how this is majorly impacting my store. The only payment provider that I have activated on my site is the standard Shopify Payments. I'm not even using Amazon Pay or PayPal. I haven't replicated the problem myself because it only seems to happen when I have a lot of people trying to check out at the same exact time. They say when submitting the payment, it sits there spinning until it times out.

Trevor
Community Moderator
3086 401 629

@MySilverSquad 

Thank you for providing further context. It does seem strange that this would be happening when it is a small number of customers trying to check out at once. I would recommend contacting Shopify Support in this case so our teams can take a closer look at this for you. You will need to provide them an estimated time when this happens, any screenshots you're able to provide, and how you know this is occurring for your customers (i.e customer email examples). The more information you can provide, the better as it'll help our teams investigate the issue further. 

You can contact Shopify Support by logging into your store through the help center, searching your question/issue, then selecting "continue" at the bottom of the page that displays the search results. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog