Customizing map section in debut theme

Pnewton
Excursionist
15 0 9

I wanted to remove the description box on the map section on my website. I want the description to be over top of the image instead of the sand-colored box.
I'm not sure how to do this and I'm hoping someone may be able to help? (image below)

Pnewton_0-1635277484119.png

The URL is  https://smokingguncoffee.com/

Thank you!

Replies 2 (2)
Ollie
Shopify Staff
428 48 74

Hey @Pnewton.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate that you have included the URL to your online store as that is super helpful. Looking into the options available for the Debut theme, you should be able to remove the text on the section by navigating to the Theme Editor. Once you are in the Theme Editor, you can remove the map section that is being displayed on your online store. after you have removed the section - you can then add a new section to the store. In order to have the text display over the image, we will need to add the section called Image with text overlay. I took a screenshot from my test store to show you the section I am referring to:

26-18-24938-58284

Alternatively, since the Debut theme is designed and supported by Shopify, we can use free design time for Shopify themes to allow our internal themes team to make the corresponding coding changes on your behalf. If you are interested in using the design time to make this change, you will need to login to your store using our Contact Us page. This will allow us to securely verify you as the store owner before discussing the changes you would like to see on your online store with a Support Advisor.

Let me know if you have any questions, happy to help out where I can.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Pnewton
Excursionist
15 0 9

I'd love to use up some of my free design time as there are a few other changes to my site that I'd like support in. So I will reach out to contact support.

Thanks for your help!