Daily limits on product preorders

Myhrre
Tourist
5 0 1

I asked this question over a year ago, and got some helpful responses but ultimately no solution that addressed our problem. Hoping things may have changed since then.

I work with a bakery that does a lot of preorders—think birthday cakes that customers preorder days or weeks ahead of time for pickup on a specific future date. Luckily, demand exceeds our current production and storage capacity. Unfortunately, this means we have to limit the number of cakes we schedule for each date, preventing us from selling online as there is currently no way (that we know of) to set daily limits at the product level (i.e., limit cake preorders for a specific date once we reach capacity, but still allow preorders on that date for other items like cookies that haven't reached capacity).

There is a great app called Zapiet Store Pickup + Delivery that does 99% of what we need in order to move our preordering online—the main use is that it allows the customer to choose their pickup/delivery date and time—but it sadly doesn't allow the user to set daily limits at the product level. It does allow the user to specify the number of pickup/delivery slots per hour/day, but this is not useful to us.

Is there any app that would accomplish what we need, either on its own or in conjunction with the Zapiet app?

Replies 9 (9)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @Myhrre.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for posting this question and sharing the additional context!

You can use a third-party app, such as Order Limits - MinMaxify or OrderLogic - Min & Max Limits, to set an ordering limit on specific products. These apps offer different limits that you can set up, such as limiting individual products or limiting the quantities or totals on the cart page, and these limits can be applied to the cart page. While I can't confirm whether there would be any issues with Zapiet Store Pickup + Delivery, these apps don't seem to interfere with each other. Nevertheless, I'd encourage testing these apps directly in your store using your store settings, so that you can do test orders and check on the checkout process for your customers. If you need any help with these apps, you can always reach out to the developers directly through the contact information found in the Support section of their app pages.  

I'd love to know if this is what you're looking for. Keep me posted!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Myhrre
Tourist
5 0 1

Thanks, @Elias. We'll trial your suggestions and see if they work for us.

Myrrhe
Excursionist
15 0 6

Hi, @Elias 

Just wanted to follow up on this. We reached out to the developers of the apps you mentioned and confirmed they do not offer the functionality we're looking for. We're talking to another app developer that is working on adding this functionality, but there is currently no ETA for it.

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hi, @Myrrhe.

Thank you for following up, it's much appreciated!

I'm sorry to hear that both apps, Order Limits and OrderLogic, wasn't able to help you with setting daily limits on your products. I suggested these two apps because the app description and screenshots suggested that this was one of their features. Nevertheless, I'm glad to hear that you're working with another third-party app and I hope they can provide a solution for you soon.

Order Limits (MinMaxify)

29-27-62149-18952

OrderLogic - Min & Max Limits

So that others who may come across this topic and struggling with a similar issue can consider your solution, could you follow up again when the app developer completes building this app?  

Thanks again!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

You may want to come at it another direction with automation tools to shut off products, or reject orders by automate inventory levels , making daily products(moving where the date is picked), or adding metafields to use on the frontend for javascript in date pickers,etc.

https://tasks.mechanic.dev/accept-a-maximum-number-of-orders-per-day

https://tasks.mechanic.dev/?q=daily

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

Myrrhe
Excursionist
15 0 6

Thanks for the suggestions, @PaulNewton.

For what it's worth, we reached out to the developer of the Mechanic app and they assured us that it would not be able to achieve what we were looking for. We were however approaching it from a daily product limits perspective, so maybe there is another way to go about it.

I can say that accepting a maximum number of orders per day as suggested in your first link is not workable, and I wasn't able to find any tasks that fit the bill in the query. I'm afraid getting into metafields, javascript, etc. would be beyond our capabilities as we're not programmers. We spoke to a few local agencies and several Shopify partners and none would touch this

Thewildbunch
Tourist
4 0 2

Would love to know if you found any solution to this problem? I'm trying to do the exact same thing with my florist shop and struggling!

Myrrhe
Excursionist
15 0 6

@Thewildbunch Still nothing, unfortunately.

Savoré
Visitor
1 0 0

I am struggling with the same thing right now with my bakery. Have you managed to find a way??