Default select lowest price variant on single product page

tecoektamerai
Shopify Partner
66 5 17

Hello Folk,

Hope you are well !!

I have multiple variants set in my product and when I open that product I want to display the lowest variant price default selected. can anyone guide me on how can I do that? 

Thank you

Replies 5 (5)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hello, @tecoektamerai! Great question. 

The order of your variants can be edited following the Help Doc for Change the display order of options. Whichever order you arrange your options in following those steps, will also be how they display on the Product page on your storefront. Therefore, if you reorder the options to have your lowest priced variant to be first on the list, then this will be the variant that is displayed by default. Does that make sense? Let me know if it helps!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

tecoektamerai
Shopify Partner
66 5 17

Hello @Helen 

Thank you so much for your reply !!

I have checked the shopify document and I know about the Reorder variants .  but I want to display size-wise variant don't want to reorder.

for e.g I'm selling shoes then its variant option is size. and size is 40,43,45 and the price for 40 is 520, for 43 is 420, for 45 is 440 so when the user opens the product how to default select 43 variants because size 43 variant price is the lowest . i don't want to reorder this I want to apply custom code so if you have suggestions for this?

Thank you

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

No problem, @tecoektamerai! Thanks for explaining further. This is a customization that can be coded into your theme. Which theme are you using?

If it’s a free Shopify theme, then this is a supported customization and we’d be happy to check your design time eligibility and escalate a request for it to the Theme department for you. To move forward with this, please create a support request via the Shopify Help Center by live chat, email or phone callback.

However, if you are using a third party theme, then a Shopify Expert could customize this for you. See here for how to hire help through the Experts Marketplace

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

tecoektamerai
Shopify Partner
66 5 17

Hello @Helen 

Thank you for your reply I'm using the "dawn" theme.

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

That’s great, @tecoektamerai! Dawn is a Shopify-made theme. Therefore I encourage you to create a support request as explained above, and we'll find out if the Shopify Theme department is able to make this customization for you.