Delete Facebook system user created by Shopify

r-and-p
Tourist
8 0 3

Hi,

I am trying to close my Facebook Business Manager account but I can't because of the system user created by Shopify.
Do I have to do that within Shopify? Because I can't see any option to do so on Facebook.

Thanks.

Replies 14 (14)

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

Hi @r-and-p,

I found some troubleshooting steps that you try on the Facebook Business settings. Feel free to try them out.

1) First, go to Facebook Business Manager > log in and select your account. Here, you’ll see the main dashboard with a list of pages and ad accounts associated with the Business Manager account as well as a summary of how they’re performing:
08-49-24773-22516

Note: If you can’t see these options in the sidebar, it’s probably because you don’t have the full administrator’s rights. In this case, ask the person who created the Business Manager account to go to the Settings: People, and change your permissions from an Employee to an Admin.

2) Next, hover over “Business Settings” and click “Pages” to access a list of all pages that are added to the account.

3) Lastly, select a Facebook page you want to delete from Business Manager and click “Remove“:

08-50-46754-49881

From that moment, you will no longer be able to access your page through Business Manager, but you will still be able to administrate it normally on Facebook. However, this option might not be available if you have just one Facebook page attached. If you can’t remove the page, you’ll have to change the Primary Page first.

Here is a help guide from Facebook explaining how to remove a Facebook page from your Business Manager. If you run into any further issues with Facebook or Instagram, we have a fantastic community forum post with steps on how to fix any current known issues for the Facebook channel.

If you have any questions about the information above please let me know!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

WebSolProv
4 0 0

What are you talking about? The OP didnt ask how to delete the FB page he asked how to delete these stupid system users that the Shopify app creates in Facebook Business Manager.  Now I too canrt find out how to delete them, why?

Abubiak
Visitor
2 0 0

Did you ever figure out how to delete the Shopify system user from the Facebook business manager? I am having the same problem.

I want to delete my Facebook business manager and Facebook commerce account, but it says it is ineligible for deletion because it cannot be deleted while there are any system users attached. It shows there is a Shopify system user that is controlling the Shopify catalogues that had been synced to my Facebook page (which has since been deleted) and I cannot delete either the Shopify catalogues or the system user because I don't have permission - it is "owned" by Shopify only. I need to delete this account, anyone know how I fix this?

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

Hi @Abubiak

Your Facebook business manager and Facebook commerce account cannot be deleted while there are any system users attached to it - such as a Shopify profile.

If you've deleted the Facebook channel from your current store and you're still receiving that error message then this could either mean that your Facebook account is still connected to an old Shopify store you've created (in which case you need to identify that old store and check to see if it is still active) or you need to reach out to Facebook for assistance on this, as it may be an issue with their system. 

I hope this helps!

WebSolProv
4 0 0

I have deleted the shopify facebook app from shopify, and from the integrations page in FB business manager, and I have deleted the pages, and instagram accounts and finally commerce manager and STILL I cannot delete this damn system user.  WHY HAVE YOU CREATED A USER ON MY ACCOUNT THAT I AM STUCK WITH?

samyffm
Tourist
3 0 1

Hallo,

ich habe bzw. hatte das gleiche Problem.

Ich musste mein Shopify Konto reaktivieren und nochmal die monatliche Gebühren bezahlen. Bis jetzt war das umsonst. Ich muss aber fairerweise sagen, der Support will es erstatten wenn das Problem geklärt ist.

Ein fb buisness Konto lässt sich nicht löschen wenn eine system user drinne ist, wie der shopify system user.

Ich habe wie von Shopify angegeben erst ordnungsgemäß die Verbindungen getrennt und danach erst die facebook app deinstalliert. Leider klappt das so aber nicht oder manchmal nur zum Teil.

Nachdem ich die Verbindungen von Shopify zu facebook getrennt habe, habe ich den Katalog manuell im fb buisness manager gelöscht und somit auch das shopify fb commerce konto.

Alles ist entfernt bis auf den Shopify system user account. Shopify support verweist auf facebook und facebook auf shopify.

Hier sehe ich Shopify in der Pflicht zu handeln. Shopify hat die Einträge verursacht, somit muss shopify das auch löschen oder klären und nicht auf den facebook support verweisen.

Es wäre nett wenn Shopify hier mal eine konkrete Lösung mit Screenshots zeigen kann. Das scheint ein sehr aktuelles Problem zu sein.

Es wird immer alles schön gezeigt wie man es installiert aber sehr schlecht wie es wieder sauber deinstalliert wird.

Ich bin gespannt wann es hier eine Antwort gibt.

@Andrew  Hat Shopify für facebook eine app id ? wenn ja, welche ?

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

Hi @samyffm, I'm happy to assist you here in English; however, if you'd prefer support in German, then feel free to post in our German support. If you'd prefer support in English, let me know! I can use Google translate to read your reply and I'll follow up here in English.

samyffm
Tourist
3 0 1

Don't bother to forward my request to the responsible department in your company or to translate it. I'll take care of that for you. I had to reactivate my account and pay monthly fees to solve my problem. but none of you take it seriously.

shopbsupreme
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi! Can you please tell me how you were able to do this?

I have no luck!

shopbsupreme
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi! can you please tell me how you did this? i have no luck!

WebSolProv
4 0 0

Why didnt you post the solution so we can all learn from it??

Rodmik
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello! I have the same problem! did you solve this issue?

Mavel
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi were you able to delete your business manager eventually? I have been in contact with "meta pro team" I've talk with several people and none of them were able to help...

Mavel
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi ,

Were you able to fix this problem? I'm currently having the same problem but none from the so called "Meta Pro Team" were able to help me. They are useless...