Delete Inactive Stores

alyssabmann11
1 0 2

I have 4 stores; 1 active one and 3 old closed ones that are still on my account. Because I used Oberlo at one point for an inactive store, it has effected the ability for me to login to my active store through Oberlo. It automatically selects the old store first.

Can you please remove those inactive stores in my account? After Googling it for a while now trying to figure it out, it is apparent that quite a few other users have encountered this problem as well. I think Shopify needs to make that an option, as it clearly has been expressed by your users that there is a need for it.

Thanks

Replies 5 (5)
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
4510 433 980

Hi @alyssabmann11,

I can see how that's annoying! Are those stores completely closed/ deleted for you or are you looking to possibly open them again down the line? Can you also tell me where exactly you're referring to when you say: 

Can you please remove those inactive stores in my account? 

Do you mean switching between Shopify stores from your log in? If so, that section wouldn't apply for any stores which are paused, frozen or closed:

01-14-2zgjw-wfpwc

With this in mind, if you aren't using those stores and don't want them to be active you can close them entirely with the steps found in the Pausing or closing your store guide here. Shopify staff can't delete stores for merchants because of privacy and security reasons. 

If it is something else entirely, could you elaborate or share a screenshot of what you mean, please as I'm not 100% sure what you're referring to then. You can also reach out to our support team directly and speak to one of our advisors in real time about this here

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

smarturban
2 0 0

Same problem.  My problem is that my username smarturban (our co name) is taken- (im assuming by one of my other sites that are now inactive trial accounts when I started) but I cant delete them to free up the company username as there doesnt seem to be any way to delete unwanted web sites just being stored as junk??? very wierd.

smarturban
2 0 0

Your suggestion doesnt work for inactive sites

TeamSubcultr
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

I agree with Alyssa. It's annoying to have a bunch of inactive stores in your archive and unable to delete (so we can possibly use the url again or even just clean up our account). Seems a little odd to have a bunch of old stores just sitting there.

Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
4510 433 980

Hi everyone, 

If you're still having trouble with this, can you please contact our support team directly by logging in here

From there our support advisors can verify your details and look into your account to guide you on how you can find the best solution for each of your situations. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog