Solved

How can I delete an unused account without store access?

hermesDH
Visitor
2 0 1

I would like to delete an unused account so that I can use the email address for another one. I cannot do this myself because I have not set up a store and therefore do not have access to the plan page.

Accepted Solution (1)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @hermesDH,

Only the account owner (AO) can delete a Shopify store or account. In this case, to close the store, it would have to come from the AO for privacy and security reasons. You could also ask the AO to remove you as a staff member from the store also. 

But in saying all the above, you can have multiple accounts or be part of multiple Shopify stores with one email account

27-05-ao0rw-iwb7m

You can still set up or use the same email address for another account. I hope this helps and answers your query! Let me know if you have any other questions. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @hermesDH,

Only the account owner (AO) can delete a Shopify store or account. In this case, to close the store, it would have to come from the AO for privacy and security reasons. You could also ask the AO to remove you as a staff member from the store also. 

But in saying all the above, you can have multiple accounts or be part of multiple Shopify stores with one email account

27-05-ao0rw-iwb7m

You can still set up or use the same email address for another account. I hope this helps and answers your query! Let me know if you have any other questions. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

hermesDH
Visitor
2 0 1
Thanks for the information!