Deliver times, need help

Lisa_Bulpin
Excursionist
30 0 8

Hello.

We sell products that come from different suppliers.

If we have stock on hand it can be sent in 1-3 days.

If it comes from another supplier it can be sent it 5-7 days.

When the customer gets to check out and they pick one of our products and another supplier one I need the delivery date to be 5-7 days and if they only select our stock it needs to be 1-3 days. 

Is there a way for Shopify to automate the process by automatically changing the delivery time to the longest time by the supplier? Or is there an app that will do this?

Hope I'm making sense!!

Reply 1 (1)
Freddie
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
242 8 53

Hi, Lisa!

Freddie here from the Shopify Support team, happy to help.

This does make sense, and there are a few ways you can achieve this!

• If you need the different products to have different shipping rates as well as just different delivery times displayed, using an app such as Better Shipping would be the perfect solution. With Better Shipping, you can create shipping rates based on vendor, collection, or product type, which would work perfectly for this.
  • If the shipping price is the same flat rate for all of your products, they only would have different shipping times, then you can simply make some shipping rates in your Shipping settings that are titled with the shipping times incuded.
  • The way you could have them apply to the different product types/vendors, is by changing the weight of all of the products you have in your own stock to 0.0 lbs, and the third party items to be over 0.01 lbs.
  • Once you've made those changes, you could add in the two separate shipping rates by weight. For example, one of them can be for products over 0.01lbs titled "Standard Shipping (5-7 Business Days)," that way any product with weight will result in showing that shipping time. Then, any products that are just 0.0 lbs, won't add any weight, and you can have a shipping rate for products at 0.0 lbs to show "Standard Shipping (1-3 Business Days)." Here is an example of what this would look like in your Shipping settings:

Let me know if this information helps, and if you have any further questions! Happy to help.

Best regards,

Freddie
Shopify Support - support@shopify.com

Freddie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog