Delivery and payment problem

HOMEYOU
3 0 1

Hi, 

we have problem on our site with delivery and payment sections. In section delivery we have two options. Cash on delivery and pay by credit card. Two different prices. If someone choose the credit card payment, and in the payment section, it allows for them to choose cash on delivery. Why is it there? We need to have there in the payment section just credit card. It makes problems, when people choose this and we lost money. 

Thank you for help

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
973 64 161

Hi, @HOMEYOU!

I'm Ava from Shopify, I'd like to help you out here.

The credit card gateway and the Cash on Delivery option would be two separate payment methods, so both of them will appear as options in the checkout. The checkout will let the customer choose how they would like to pay, and as credit card payment is one method and Cash on Delivery (a manual payment gateway) is another method, both methods will be available for the customer to choose from.

The shipping options should show first, then once a rate has been selected, you should be directed to the payment page where you can choose your payment method. Can I ask how you currently have your shipping section set up? Cash on Delivery should only show as an option on the final page, not on the shipping page; could you share a link to your store with me so I can take a look?

Speak soon!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
HOMEYOU
3 0 1

Hi, thank you for your reply

Here is the link to our store homeyou-sk.myshopify.com/

I understand you, but we are charging customer two different rates based on what delivery option (payment) they select.

1. Delivery - We have pay with credit card wich is cheaper - so in the payment step it should only show pay by credit card

2. Delivery - Cash on delivery, wich is more costly and only should show in payment step COD not also credit card. Here is problem that customers select credit card and we loose money or we have to cancel the order and so on.. Many times the customer dont pay attention and click credit card. 

Thank you for your help

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
973 64 161

Thanks for the response here!

At the moment. it is not possible to charge an extra rate to the customer if they select Cash on Delivery over a credit card as a payment method. I've tested taking a product to the checkout on your store there (thank you for the link!) and the way you currently have the checkout set up is the best way to work around things. I can see you've added a note to the Cash on Delivery option to let customers know which rate they should select at checkout to ensure their order gets to them! I did notice though, the rates you had added in your COD note did not show up for me at the shipping rate stage - I had Ireland set as the country for shipping, so the rates to Ireland were €10 and €12, but €5.40 and €3.90 are specified in the note. The only thing I would suggest there is to specify the rate name rather than the rate price, as the rate price would be different depending on where the customer is shipping to! But apart from that suggestion, your current set-up is the best way to organise your checkout, as it's not possible to add an extra charge based on the payment method the customer selects.

I do think this is a great idea though! I will submit this to our internal team to be reviewed as a possible future feature of the admin. As our platform is constantly growing and improving, our team love to get feedback from our merchants on what features/edits they need to improve their workflow. So once I submit this as a feature request on your behalf, our team can review the request. So hopefully, this can be something that is available in the future.

There is never a guarantee that a request will get a Green Light, *or* make it to a product launch, but we really do appreciate you reaching out with your suggestion, as I’m sure you’re not the only merchant with this request. While we would not have a specific timeline for how long that might take, you can definitely keep an eye on our announcements page. We will post any new updates or developments there!

Can I ask how far you would deliver your orders if you wanted to offer Cash on Delivery? For example, are you offering cash on delivery to customers from all over the country/worldwide? Or would you only offer this for the local customers? If you were only delivering to local customers, you can set up local pick-up and delivery as a shipping option if you prefer! This will give you the option to add an extra charge for local deliveries, and you can specify which postcodes the local delivery option is shown to. 

Let me know what you think!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
MarcoReleasit
Shopify Partner
118 11 35

Hi @HOMEYOU 

We have made an app that solves this issue and allows you to have an additional fee for all customers who select the Cash on Delivery payment method at checkout!

You can check it out on the Shopify App Store here: https://apps.shopify.com/cash-on-delivery-fee

The app takes less than 10 minutes to configure and adds the extra fee to every Cash on Delivery order.

With our app you won't need a separate shipping rate for Cash on Delivery because our app will add the fee to all Cash on Delivery orders so you will solve the issue of customers selecting the cheaper shipping rate and then completing the order with COD.

Let me know if this helps or if you need more info about the app!

Best regards

Marco

0 Likes