Development Store does not show up in partners list

nila99
1 0 14

There are currently two stores under my account, which I use for Shopify Partners. I am trying to test an app that I have built for one of these stores; however, when I try to test this app, shopify partners tells me "No stores found." 

When I try to add a store, and select "managed store" and request access, it tells me "An account's email on the store is the same as your partner business email. Log in manually using your partner business email and password set when the store was created."

Can someone please help with this?

Replies 23 (23)
paperRust
3 0 5

I have the same issue, my partner account was created after I received collaboration privileges.

Maybe that is the issue? though I don't know how to fix it. Having my email already approved in a store should be the opposite of a problem imo. 

nk216
2 0 3

Has anyone found a solution to this error?

idl4
1 0 5

I am having the same issue,  I checked on store i have full access as collaborator but the store is not listed in my managed store list. when i try to add the store i get error saying : An account's email on the store is the same as your partner business email. Log in manually using your partner business email and password set when the store was created.

zombodotcom
Excursionist
17 0 6

same. Built an app first to test the API and pull product info with python/javascript 

now it doesn't show under it my partners

zombodotcom_0-1595789037023.png

To add this store, the following errors need attention:

• An account's email on the store is the same as your partner business email. Log in manually using your partner business email and password set when the store was created.
Jason_Aston
Tourist
3 0 6

Same issue. Has anyone managed to get around this? Super annoying. This error is not the most informative or proactive right?

jaclyn1
1 0 2

Same issue. I was able to get around by going straight t that sore and just signing up with my login and password directly. But now that is not ever working. 😕

To add this store, the following errors need attention:

• An account's email on the store is the same as your partner business email. Log in manually using your partner business email and password set when the store was created.

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 1.14.18 PM.png

please help Shopify team.

Jason_Aston
Tourist
3 0 6

Simplest way around it is to de-permission the email associated with the store, then reapply for full permissions to the store as a partner From your partner account. All works fine now. 

rajarshi_saha
1 0 1

I did not understand this.

There were some orders in the store purchased with a buyer email address that was same as the partner account email. I searched the store with the partner account email and deleted all the entries till nothing was showing up as result.

Next, I changed the ownership of the store - the store email and the partner account emails were also the same.

Still, this issue occurs when we try to add the store. Can you please elaborate this "de-permission" thing?

MSkwar
1 0 2

Is there any resolution to this? I'm unable to work on my client's store effectively, as documents like theme files and .CSVs are getting sent to the wrong email address without resolution. 

leobaz
2 0 0

Did anybody find a solution to this or not yet? Having the same problems and unable to work.

FadeelaKhan
2 0 0

Hi,

Per Shopify's Support, your Partner account and Shopify store cannot be registered to the same email address. To resolve this issue, change the email in your Shopify Store and link your store in Shopify Partner as a Managed Store. 

You can change the email for your store in Admin > Settings > General; then connect your store to your Partner account and a Managed Store type to complete the process.

Step 1Step 1Step 2Step 2

You can then change the Shopify Store email back to the first address after the store has been successfully added.

Regards,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Fadeela Khan

vanessas
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

I was granted store ownership before I created my partners account. How do I de-permission myself?

mamdouh-t
1 0 0

An small workaround that worked for me:
change the store email to a different email than the partner email.

After that I was able to add it smoothly.

ProCommerce
Tourist
3 0 0

Hey Jason,

Can you please further elaborate on the solution to this problem? I am stuck in the same situation and it is really embarrassing that Shopify support is taking very long in resolving this matter.

Unfortunately, I have been facing this problem frequently since last week on the development stores through my partner's dashboard.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Danish Raja
Founder & Chief Executive Officer (CEO)

ProCommerce.com | @ProCommerceOfficial
Top-Rated Seller at Fiverr | Shopify Experts & Partners
updev
2 0 2

Does anyone have a solution on this yet?

I've tried to de-permission myself from the managed store and then follow the process of re adding managed the store through the "test your app in a develpment store", and again am getting the message about my email already exsisting as part of a managed store. Well of course it exists.

Shopify please pull your finger out and provide some actual suppoet on what is a super ambigious error message.

markbusiness
1 0 1

I've been changing emails, adding new accounts, still can't resolve this.  Let's break this down:

"An account's email on the store is the same as your partner business email. Log in manually using your partner business email and password set when the store was created."

• "An account's email on the store" - Which email is this referring to/account?
    • the store has customer accounts,
    • a store owner under "settings->users and permissions",
    • staff under "users and permissions", and
    • various emails under "settings->general". 
  • "same as your partner business email" - assuming this refers to the "partners.shopify.com" site I'm logged into,  Which business email is this referring to?
    • The account/email I'm currently logged in under? i.e. "settings -> Personal profile information"
    • The Owners under the "team" link
    • Business email under "settings -> Contact information"
    • Support email under "settings->Contact Information"
    • Contact information under "Settings->Emergency developer contact information"
  • "Log in manually"
    • to what? The store? The partner site?
  • "using your partner business email and password set when the store was created" - 
    • Not really sure what this means. There are various logins to and the partner site (see above). As an Owner?
    • "when the store was created" Is this significant? Don't log in to (which site) with a current login? I have to log in using the email when the store was created? How do I know what this is? If I'm logging into the Partner site, what does that have to do with the store?

Is there anyone that's solved this problem that can break down specifically what needs to be done? I've changed various logins and passwords on both the store and the partner site and I'm still having the issue

Nishimori
1 0 0

I'm facing the same problem.

Here's a capture.

image.png

zillion_dev
2 0 0

I am having the same issue,  I checked on store i have full access as collaborator but the store is not listed in my managed store list. when i try to add the store i get error saying : "An account's email on the store is the same as your partner business email. Log in manually using your partner business email and password set when the store was created."

Does anyone resolved this issue? i am stucked at this point.

zillion_dev
2 0 0

hello @Nishimori ,

did you got any solution for this? Please let me know.