FROM CACHE - en_header

Did Shopify changed checkout url structure recently?

johnyjohny
Tourist
8 0 4

I saw in some clients that checkout url is not anymore something like this

/5123776291/checkouts/1d399aaa0faa790

but it is now something like this 

/checkouts/c/01c0d7...78138273/information

Is that experimental? Even for the same client it happens only sometimes.

Replies 3 (3)
maknij
Excursionist
29 0 4

I'm seeing the same thing, no pattern. The url is different (checkouts or checkouts/c) and the payment order is different.

johnyjohny
Tourist
8 0 4

There is also a word sandbox in the html source code when this checkout url changes. I guess this is some kind of experiment they are running. And Shopify support team has no clue. 

maknij
Excursionist
29 0 4

I reached out to Shopify support, and after initially misunderstanding me (they thought I wanted to change the order of my payment gateways which I know is not possible), they came back with the following explanation:

I checked this further with our Technical Team and they were able to inform me that this is a new checkout process that is being rolled out across Shopify.

This explains why you are only seeing this checkout every so often and is not happening every time. This does not affect the actual transaction and we are working at making this transition as smooth as possible.

The reason behind this new checkout process is to help reduce confusion, buyers will now see a temporary Confirmation Number on the Thank You page after an order is placed. The confirmation number is a randomized, non-sequential alphanumeric serial.

You can read more about this here: Order confirmation numbers