Different variant sharing the same inventory

jpp05
Visitor
2 0 2

Hi everyone,

I have some products that I want to offer a 'pay what you want' price to the customers, for that I added the different price options as variants; the problem is that the stock/inventory is the same. so when someone chooses option 1 for the price and pays for it, automatically, all the other price options should have their stock updated.

Is there any way of working around it without an app? I thought perhaps using the sam SKU (?) would it work?

I will use this option for just a few products, not the whole store, and all the apps that could do it are quite expensive for the amount of time I will use.

Any ideas?

Replies 3 (3)

Mr_RaviRaj
Shopify Partner
505 57 108

@jpp05 

Add a pay button for that, customer can pay whatever they want.
for that you need a developer help, or you can create with yourself.

banned
jpp05
Visitor
2 0 2

Hello @Mr_RaviRaj 

Thank you for your reply. Any idea of what type of pay button I can add? 

EasifyApps-Zoe
Shopify Partner
582 14 40

Hi @jpp05,

I understand your preference for avoiding the use of apps due to cost concerns. However, developing custom functions for your store with hired developers can also be expensive and time-consuming.

If you reconsider, I recommend the Easify Product Options app as a cost-effective solution to address your needs effortlessly 😊. With this app, you can create "Pay what you want" price options without affecting the inventory of other Shopify options and variants, just as you desire.

EasifyAppsZoe_0-1694622965074.png

EasifyAppsZoe_1-1694622978628.png

The app is user-friendly and budget-friendly compared to other product options apps on the Shopify App Store. I encourage you to give it a try 🙌!

EASIFY - MAKING SHOPIFY SIMPLE & SWEET!
Easify Product Options: Create custom product options 10X faster & easier!
Easify Product Attachments: Effortlessly add downloadable PDF files (or any other format) to Shopify pages!
Try for Free | 24/7 Live Chat Support