Disable customer facing receipt options on POS

Disable customer facing receipt options on POS

mj111182
4 0 0

Is there any way to disable customer selectable receipt options on POS? I have a retail shop, and efficiency is key, so printing receipts automatically and not giving customers an option is preferred. My old POS provider allowed me to turn this efficiency killing feature off, so I'm hoping I can configure my Shopify POS and customer facing POS Go to do the same. Thanks for any assistance.

Replies 5 (5)

Elias
Shopify Staff
3010 294 522

Hey, @mj111182.

Thanks for reaching out and posting this question.

I understand that you're looking for a way to disable the ability for customers to choose receipt options using the Shopify POS. While this feature is available on Shopify POS Pro, we understand that this is an important feature for you and it's something offered with your old point-of-sale system. Though there isn't a way to do this on Shopify POS Lite at this moment, I'd be happy to share your feedback as a feature request with our development team. If Shopify moves forward with any changes to the available features on the Shopify POS subscriptions, then we'll be sure to announce them on the Shopify Changelog.

I noticed that you're a new member of our Shopify Community and I'd love to hear more about your retail store. What types of products are you selling? Do you have a marketing plan prepared for your store?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

mj111182
4 0 0

That's it? I'm pretty sure you posted the same response to someone asking the same question last April. This is not a hard fix/change, and you guys should prioritize it. In retail settings, efficiency is absolutely key, and right now I'm not seeing the full potential. I've been with Square for over 4 years, and I'm liking Shopify more so far except for this. I know Shopify is more geared towards online, and I plan to launch a site hopefully next year, but if you're going to do POS at least make it efficient.

Elite15
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, I have moved to shopify Pro from lightspeed (not enjoying it all!!) however I agree this feature is terrible and a time waste, did you get a solution in the end?

Thank you

Kelly

Maz
Shopify Staff
1248 131 186

Hey, @Elite15!

Thanks for joining this thread.

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback. I have passed on your feedback to the development team for consideration in future updates. We appreciate your input as it helps us improve and better meet the needs of our users. If you have any more suggestions or need further assistance, please feel free to share.

Thank you once again for your feedback!

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

mj111182
4 0 0

No solution was ever provided, so we basically made it a practice to cycle through the payment screens quickly ourselves, while automatically printing paper receipts for each sale. It was an inconvenience, and compounded by the overall slowness of Shopify Pro on the newest iPad pro on a 300mbps connection, I ended up going back to Square. Shopify isn't ready for the POS game, IMHO.