Solved

Disable International Orders for *Digital* Products

mmacc
Excursionist
21 0 8

I'm looking for help on a problem related to digital products.  

I sell both digital and physical products.  I want to sell only domestically (U.S.), not to international customers.  For my physical products, this was no problem to set up - I went into my Shipping & delivery settings and removed all  shipping zones outside the U.S.  All good there.  

The problem comes with digital products.  Because they're not a physical product that requires a shipping address, Shopify is allowing customers outside the U.S. to purchase them.  I need to disable this, but there doesn't seem to be any option to do so.  

Any assistance in resolving this issue would be appreciated.  

Accepted Solution (1)

OS-Mitch
Shopify Partner
71 16 18

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @mmacc ,

from the top of my head a country-/IP-based limitation might be an easy solution for this. Certain apps like Locksmith App can block specific content or the entire shop for visitors based on specific rules, i.e. IP or country. With that you can exclude every country expect the US and should be good to go.

Another solution or rather workaround I've found in this post, which is less than ideal, is the following:

1. Enable shipping
2. Settings > Shipping and Delivery
3. Manage rates
4. Create shipping zone & select countries in your shipping zone, ie. United States
5. Delete all default rates with a cost
6. Add rate
a. Custom flat rate (no shipping time)
b. Input rate name
c. Input rate = $0.00
d. Based on order price: minimum price = below your digital product price AND maximum price = no limit

Wenn meine Antwort deine Frage beantwortet, markiere sie gerne als akzeptierte Lösung!

___
Oskar Studio - Wir sind dein Shopify Partner und helfen dir, erfolgreich auf Shopify zu starten!

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

OS-Mitch
Shopify Partner
71 16 18

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @mmacc ,

from the top of my head a country-/IP-based limitation might be an easy solution for this. Certain apps like Locksmith App can block specific content or the entire shop for visitors based on specific rules, i.e. IP or country. With that you can exclude every country expect the US and should be good to go.

Another solution or rather workaround I've found in this post, which is less than ideal, is the following:

1. Enable shipping
2. Settings > Shipping and Delivery
3. Manage rates
4. Create shipping zone & select countries in your shipping zone, ie. United States
5. Delete all default rates with a cost
6. Add rate
a. Custom flat rate (no shipping time)
b. Input rate name
c. Input rate = $0.00
d. Based on order price: minimum price = below your digital product price AND maximum price = no limit

Wenn meine Antwort deine Frage beantwortet, markiere sie gerne als akzeptierte Lösung!

___
Oskar Studio - Wir sind dein Shopify Partner und helfen dir, erfolgreich auf Shopify zu starten!
mmacc
Excursionist
21 0 8

Thanks so much for your response.  I'm going with the second solution/workaround and hopefully that will do the trick.  Appreciate your help.