Disabled password,still showing ""opening soon" online

Miasma
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, I recently launched my store and disabled the password to do so. When I go online to search for my site, it displays after my shop name then "opening soon" so it appears not open to users. I can find no information online and Shopify shows the store as open and functioning. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!

Miasma

Reply 1 (1)

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 220

Hey, @Miasma! Welcome to Shopify Community!

Are you seeing this information on search engine (e.g. Google) results? If so, it sounds like the search engine is currently displaying outdated content from your website. Search engines go through this process called crawling, to gather information from different pages online so they can display them on their result pages. It's highly likely the search engine you used hasn't crawled the updated version of your website. To remedy this, you simply need to ask the search engine to crawl your pages.

If you found the outdated information on Google, the best way to do have them crawl your website is to submit a sitemap. You can refer to this page in the Shopify Help Center to find your sitemap file and submit it to Google. As for other search engines such as Bing and Yahoo, you can watch this video to submit the sitemap to them.

You'll notice that after submitting a sitemap, the information may not change right away. Search engines take time to crawl websites and the time it takes varies. It can be completed in as little as 4 days and up to 6 months. If you have any concerns about the sitemap or crawling, you can visit Google Search Console Help.

I hope your launch went well! Whether you've already made orders or not, make sure you have a marketing plan in place so you can get constant orders. The only way to get sales is to have traffic in your store and have potential customers visit it, and the only way to get traffic is to market and advertise your website. If you need ideas on how to do draw visitors to your store, feel free to go over this blog post.

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog