Can you disable checkout for specific items on Shopify?

GDirect
Tourist
9 0 2

Hello, 

I hope all is well, 

I'm after some help. Gastro-Direct is a catering business, we sell lighter equipment such as crockery etc. However, we are thinking about adding heavier equipment such as Bottle coolers etc. However, we want to disable checkout on the heavier items, more expensive items. We want to tell customers to contact us if they want to purchase. 

We still want the price on there, we just don't want customers to be able to purchase on the website. 

Is there an easy way to do this, without messing with code etc.?

Replies 2 (2)

Jayvin
Shopify Partner
284 42 89

Hi,

You need to disable the Add To Cart button for these type of items and obviously you have to mess with the codes to do this.

PM if you need help to do this.

banned

Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

Hi @GDirect,

Thank you for getting in touch. As @Jayvin has mentioned, in order to allow checkout for some items on your store and not for others, you'd need to remove the "Add to Cart" button for the products you do not want your customers to be able to buy online. This would involve editing the product page template in your theme's code so the option to add the product to the cart is not visible. @Jayvin is a Shopify Partner who has said they can assist with this, but you can also refer to our Experts directory to hire someone who specializes in Shopify theme coding to make this change for you.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog