Discount code field hard to find in mobile

Dale_Logan
Excursionist
15 0 4

Hey guys,

I was having a look into my analytics & noticed that there was a large dropoff in customers who reached the checkout, and those who purchased products - specifically on mobile. I'm making the assumption that this is due to the discount code field being 'hidden' in mobile browsers. To find this field, you need to reach the checkout, then hit the "show order summary" dropdown. Do you think this is normal? Are you aware of any ways I can have this order summary dropdown automatically shown, so if the customer wanted to enter a discount they could see the field right there in their face, rather than having to click a button and search for it?

Thanks for your time reading this.
Cheers,
Dale.

Replies 6 (6)
zazi
2 0 0

ofcourse the design should be user friendly either in a mobile or a dekstop. Discount coupon codes are the key of building sale and customer and if that field is not visible than it will effect your sales and customers as well

Derek_Morin
Shopify Expert
212 0 32

@Dale_Logan wrote:

To find this field, you need to reach the checkout, then hit the "show order summary" dropdown. Do you think this is normal?

I don't think it's normal, indeed. That's why we build the Carter app, which works pretty nicely on mobile, to display a discount field in cart. 

mobile-2-brooklyn_1024x1024@2x.png

Laurents
Tourist
7 0 8

Same issue for us.

We do a lot of influencer marketing and discount codes are essential for us.

90% of our traffic comes from mobile and it's super difficult to find the coupon code field on checkout.

You either have to toggle "show order details" or wait till last page of checkout, but most customers abandon already before, bc they can't find the field!

CatchAlive
2 0 0

Same issue here.

Crazy that you are not allowed to edit that small part in checkout code without paying for the very expensive version.

Where do we put such a feature request? There must be some kind of structured way to handle feature requests for Shopify, right?

BR Martin

mahfood
Tourist
11 1 5

Did you manage to find a solution to this? I am getting a lot of questions from customers about where to put the code.

paodlf
Tourist
6 0 2

Same. There has to be a way that doesn't involve having to add another paid app.