Discount Code Form Missing

TylerJordan
2 0 0

Hi all,

I am doing a Buy X get Y free with Bold Bundles, and because the default Add To Cart button confused customers, I had it removed. Now customers can only click on Add Bundle button.

Just yesterday, I started running retargeting campaigns and gave a 10% discount coupon code. I had no idea that the form where the customers fill in the discount code was missing! I tried using the shareable link, and it didn't work as well. Does anyone face a similar problem, or have an idea on how to fix this? I've since paused the retargeting campaign (no wonder it has 0 purchases!) Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Regards,
Tyler

Replies 4 (4)
Elle
Shopify Staff
1088 99 184

Hi, @TylerJordan 

Elle here from Shopify. 

- The discount field will not appear in the checkout if there are no discounts active in the admin. You will see this next to the discount if it is active: 

- The discount field will not appear if an automatic discount has already been applied to the order. The reason for this is because discounts are currently not stackable. If a discount has already been applied to the order, you will see a tag and price change next to the product in the checkout like this: 

Here's our doc on creating discount codes for your reference! If you would like to request the feature of stackable discounts, I'd be happy to pass your feedback along to our developers for consideration! 

Let me know if this helps! If not, please share your store's URL so I can look into this further for you.

Cheers,
Elle

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

TylerJordan
2 0 0

Hi Elle,

Thanks for the quick response! I do have 8 active discounts:
8.jpg

And here's the cart page that is missing the discount field:

9.jpg

And also the checkout page:
10.jpg
Could you let me know how I can go about fixing this, while keeping the format? Thanks so much!

Regards,
Tyler

Elle
Shopify Staff
1088 99 184

Hi, @TylerJordan 

Thanks for the added context!

It is not expected behaviour for there to be a discount code field on the cart page. It should only appear within the checkout. 

Based on your screenshot, it appears there has already been a discount added to the checkout (perhaps automatically) since the second product's price is crossed out and is showing as Free. If so, it means this is expected behaviour for the discount field to not show if a discount has already been applied. Stackable discounts are currently not a feature of our platform.

Are you able to see the tag applied like this here?

If not, let me know your store's URL along with the two products you were testing. I'd be happy to dig into this deeper for you. 

Cheers,

Stephanie

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

MeganFFB
3 0 0

Hello, 

my customers are trying to use my discount code but the discount field is not showing up. How can I fix this?