discount code not working

Unisaif
1 0 0

hello my name is Ali, discount code in my website ww.buyunisaif.com is not working.

buy x get y 

can you please help me

the discount is if you buy product worth 499/- you get a surprise gift free in which you have to add gift and code manually.

the code is lamakhappygift.

please give suggestion. 

0 Likes
Hilary
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
377 57 70

Hi, @Unisaif!

Welcome to the Shopify Community. Happy to explain what is likely happening here. For the Buy X Get Y discount code to work, all items (X and Y) must be added to the cart. This means the customer will have to know to add the "free gift" product (product Y) to their cart. It will not be automatically added, even if product X fits the conditions for receiving product Y. 

Once you add product Y to the cart, does this resolve the issue? If not, please share the name and URL link of the free product so I can take a closer look. Please also look over the detailed steps of creating a Buy X Get Y Discount code, and ensure it's setup properly.

If adding Product Y to the cart solves the issue, and you are looking for a way to have a free gift automatically added to a cart, you will require the use of an app for this, or some custom coding. Some app options are: 

There is also another Community topic about adding free gifts with purchase linked here if you are interested in seeing other suggestions. For some other ideas for discounts you could offer, I'll share a free tutorial we have on ways to use discounts to increase sales. Let us know if you have any other questions! 

Hilary | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes