Can Shopify automate adding a free lip balm to new customer carts?

JacqM
Tourist
35 0 3

We run a free lip balm for new customers when they sign up.  However we have so many problems because they have to add the lip balm to cart.

we don’t want to do a % off.  Is there some way for the print out to have the lip balm on it or the code on it so that we know to add it to cart.  We’ve tried to do a work around of taking 1c off the order but this confuses the customer even more.  

Reply 1 (1)

Nia
Shopify Staff
537 38 79

Hi, @!

What a great idea to have a free lip balm given to new customers! I would suggest looking into downloading a third party app onto the store that can action this -

These apps may give you the ability to automatically have a free gift added to the cart dependant on the filters you have in place via the apps above.

Another option you can consider is editing the Customer Account Welcome email template and input the discount code into this email. In order to edit this, you will go to -

1. Navigate to Settings > Notifications.
  2. Scroll down to Customer Account Welcome.
  3. Insert the discount code where appropriate. You can click on Preview to have a final review of your email.

One tool I would like to recommend you also use is Shopify Email. Shopify Email is our in-house email marketing solution to help you create email marketing campaigns. You are able to design your emails to match your brand and share links directly of products on your store. You can send 2500 free emails a month, and any additional email at a cost of $0.001USD (So 1000 additional emails would cost you $1USD).You can find all the information related to Shopify Email through this help doc.

Nia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog