Discount Codes for single item

Motorheadsta
Tourist
5 0 3

I have seen numerous threads asking for better discount code functionality, with features I believe should be native to the shopify platform. So far the response from shopify has been dismal. There is currently no app or work around to limit the item quantity that a discount code applies at check out.

Is there any plans to make the discount codes more functional? Most of the threads I am seeing are up to 5 years old with no resolution.

Danishecom
Trailblazer
177 6 23

@Motorheadsta  hello there you do not need any app just go to make a discount code for a specific item or for a specific quantity apply. it's all in your hand how to use it.

0 Likes
Rekha6
Excursionist
21 0 4

Hi Motorheadsta,

1)Well, most of the user might got confused with Automatic Discount on Shopify, If you select that shopify  Automatic Discount on every product which is added to cart on that it will apply irrelevant to the customer, So better to choose an app  from Shopify App store which creates Automatic Discount  on particular store , So i will refer Kart Discount App.

2)Yes, if you use this Kart Discount App you can use Automatic Discount and manual discount as well i.e; if a customer added a product at cart page for particular product with Automatic Discount of "10% discount" then he/she can also add "Sale -everything 10% off" manually also . Isn't it great! Even you can 1 more manual Discount also.

Am also sharing the app link:  https://apps.shopify.com/discount-coupon-field-in-cart-page which your problem will sorted out.

Thanks, 

Rekha.

0 Likes
Preethi006
Tourist
22 0 3

From your Shopify admin, go to Discounts. From the Discounts page, click Create discount. In the Discount code section, enter a name for the new discount code, for example, bu yone get one free . To generate a random discount code, click Generate code.

Their are few app's in Shopify which creates discount field at the early (Cart Page).

Some one suggested a app which these features i. e; KART DISCOUNT which creates discount field on cart page which helps merchant in below points.

*Applying discount early, increases the conversion rate.

*You are losing sales because customers might wonder, where is an option to apply the discount?

*2/3rd of customers do not even reach the checkout page.

APP FEATURES:

1)Show Discount Field on Cart Page and Side Drawer.

2)Stack Multiple Discount on Single Order. Example: 1 Automatic Discount + 1 Coupon code discount Example: 5% off on jeans, and 10% off on shoe if customer has both jeans and shoe in cart.

3)Discount Combination: Generate combined discount codes, that will be equal to applying 2 discount codes in stack, just like the above point. However, you can give away only one code in your marketing campaigns. When your customers apply that code, they get 2 benefits same like the above example.

4)Automatic Discount: Add multiple automatic discounts, enabled at the same time unlike Shopify's automatic which allows only 1 automatic discount as a time.

So  ,hopeful it will help you.

0 Likes
Motorheadsta
Tourist
5 0 3

I'm sorry I did a poor job explaining the functionality I was after.

I would like a 100% discount code that will only apply to the highest priced single item in a cart. The shopify functionality on discounts does not allow you to change the quantity of items in a cart then a discount applies to. Rather a percentage discount applies to the entire cart at checkout which is undesirable, as with a 100% discount the entire value of the cart will become 0 dollars.

It seems like a simple enough feature to add into the native discount code generator, a field that allows you to select the number of items in a cart that the discount applies to.

0 Likes
StphenGBlack
Shopify Partner
67 3 9

Hi @Motorheadsta,

I see your situation, follow this guide here to know how to Apply a Discount to a Specific Item on Shopify.

Hope it helps!

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
0 Likes
Motorheadsta
Tourist
5 0 3

How else can I explain this. That is not what I am asking. I need to distribute discount codes that will allow a person to get a single item in their cart for free. This could be any item I sell, not a specific product. I need the code to apply to the most expensive item in the cart.

0 Likes