Why are Shopify discount codes not working?

Colbee
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there,

We have used the same discount code for the weekend with several orders successfully going through.

It has decided not to work as of now?? Why is this? I have deleted the code and started a new one and the same message is coming up.

This is super frustrating as our sale ends tonight and customers are complaining.

Please help.

Colbee

Error message "Enter a Valid discount code"

This is happening to EVERY SINGLE discount code made.

Replies 5 (5)

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Hi, @Colbee,

Hank here from Shopify.

That can certainly be frustrating, especially when you have an active sale currently.

The most common issue is that if it is an automatic discount, the conditions are not being met, or if it is a manual discount, it may not be active, or the correct products associated with this. Is the discount you are looking for showing as active within Discounts > Discount codes > Active?

18-32-to5l4-fq6pl

If it is showing here, click on this and ensure the conditions, and dates are relevant to the offer type itself.

Can you share a link to your store and the discount code itself so I can test this on my end if the above does not resolve the issue for you?

If you also have any screenshots you can share, that would be very much appreciated.

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Amberrrr
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi there

my discount code is active and i am able to generate new codes but they are not working.

can you tell me how to fix this?

thanks

SagarikaDas
Shopify Partner
246 24 93

Hey @Amberrrr,

Can you please describe the issue so that I can help you? Which codes are not working? Have you defined product limit or offer validity?

► If the answer solve your issue please ✔ Accept it and hit like

► Need help with theme customization, speed optimization, fixing bugs?

► Let's connect: Mail me Or Skype me: live:.cid.2667d78144ce77ad
Amberrrr
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi there It seems that when I "generate" a new discount code and save it, it does not work. I was able to create one unique code and it worked, however what is the generate function for if we cannot create multiple codes in one discount code type? Should I be modifying parameters in the code setup?

my objective is to provide customers with a unique code to be used only once, and I would like to log and track usage of these codes.

thanks for your help!

amber

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 197

Hi, @Amberrrr! Just to gather some more context on the issue here, can I ask what rules you are applying to the codes when you generate them? For example, is it a percentage or a fixed amount? Does it apply to a product or a collection? Is there a minimum requirement for the products in the cart in order for the code to apply? Also, when you tested the code at checkout, what kind of error messages did you see pop up?

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog