Is it possible to prevent repeated use of discount codes on Shopify?

Thenaughtydiva
Visitor
1 0 0

How do I truly present a customer from using a discount code multiple times?? So when offering a BOGO discount, in the settings you can make it so that it limits the code to one per customer. The issue is a customer can just place an order immediately after with all of the same information and same code and it will apply.  Do the settings not work or am I not understanding something? 

Reply 1 (1)

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

Hello!

The "Limit to one use per customer" checkbox under Usage limits in the discount code settings does prevent customers from using the code more than once. This is based on the customer's email address.

27-16-73969-843

I created a new discount code in my test store to troubleshoot, and can confirm that this setting works. I placed one test order on my store using the code I created, then tried again with the same email address and the checkout told me the discount code has already been used.

Double check that this checkbox is still selected in your discount code settings. If the settings are correct and there are no other active discount codes, our team is happy to take a closer look at the settings and corresponding orders with you to find out what happened. We're here 24/7 via live chat, email, and callback in the Shopify Help Center.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog