Discounts Changing on Their Own

FancyLabel
Visitor
3 0 0

On our online website, the discounts somehow change by themselves and don't work accurately.

When we create discounts lets say an item we have at 15% off and later we put the item for 20% off, it automatically changes back to 15% without our knowledge. Most of the certain variants in an item will have the discount and the others won't, even though it says there's a discount. This has been an ongoing problem for a very long time. The discounts just don't stay to the ones we put them as. 

Replies 3 (3)

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @FancyLabel.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate the context that you have shared with us as that is very helpful. When creating a discount on your online store, are you using any third-party applications that assist you with this? Or, are you directly creating the discounts by navigating to the discount section?

If you are attempting to change an on-going discount that you have available on your online store, you should be able to edit the discount by making any changes to it at any time. Just as a reminder, when you make changes to the active discount - you will need to select save after you have made those changes.

I would also suggest making sure that you are either creating a manual or automatic discount. In some cases, merchants may accidentally create an automatic discount which can cause the checkout to default to allowing 15% off of their order rather than a 20% discount code to be added. I took a screenshot from my test store to show you the sections I am referring to:

15-40-22526-37238

Looking forward to your response.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

FancyLabel
Visitor
3 0 0

Discounts created that way work fine for us, it's when in Bulk editor we run into this problem where for example when we set the price off by 15% and we change it to 20% later on, the price will go back to the 15% off and sometimes back to the original full price without us knowing. When we go back to Bulk editor we see the problem even though it says differently on the website. 

The item below was saved properly but after a while the prices changed by themselves as you can see. This is where the problem is; they went back to 36.99 even though we have the price set for 25.99. It goes back to the price.

Untitled design (58).png

Untitled design (57).png

FancyLabel
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi,

We are waiting for a response to our previous question. Thank you.

-Fancy Label