Display customer order history by line item?

EricJackson
4 0 0

Imagine being a sales clerk in a retail store. A customer is looking for recommendations based on past purchases. Pulling up an order history and clicking through to each order individually isn't practical, but if you had a list of products purchased by a customer on a single screen, that would expediate the sales process.

Is there a way to quickly look at order history for a particular customer, by line item rather than order summary?

Replies 3 (3)
Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1269 90 210

Hey, @EricJackson.

Thanks for reaching out. Are you looking to see past orders for specific customers? 

If you are, you’ll be able to see past orders with products a customer has ordered, right on the Customers page of the Shopify Admin. To access this, you can login to your Shopify Admin, then click on Customers and click on the name of the customer you wish to view. 

You will be able to view details like their name, default address, last order placed (which includes their order history with products), tax settings, email marketing, tags and the customer timeline. 

Here is a screenshot from my test store of what this looks like:

19-45-41158-16980

Customers can also create a customer account on your store, this would allow them to view their own order history from their customer account page on your storefront. 

Is this what you were looking to accomplish?

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

EricJackson
4 0 0

Thanks for your reply @Tira . I am looking to see the order history of customers, but broken down by line item. The method you described allows one to generate a list of past orders (where each line is a single order summary). I want to see list of line item history for a single customer, spanning multiple orders. 

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1269 90 210

Thanks for clarifying, @EricJackson

I'm happy to dig into this further for you. Just to make sure we're on the same page, do you have an example of what you're looking to accomplish? 

I would love to know!

Talk soon, 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog