Display products as out of stock when having multiple inventories

Solved

Display products as out of stock when having multiple inventories

PurplePartner
Shopify Partner
189 17 32

Hello,

I have different locations/ warehouses enabled in my Shopify store. Each warehouse is located in a different country and has a separate inventory. When we run out of stock at Warehouse A, people in Country A will see that product as out-of-stock. I don't want to sell to people in country A even if I have stock in another country - logistically, it's not possible.

How do I display the products as out of stock for people for whom I have no stock in their country warehouse? (in Country A, per my example)?

Did you find my response useful? Mark it as "Accepted solution" so others can see it, or just like it.
Accepted Solution (1)

PurplePartner
Shopify Partner
189 17 32

This is an accepted solution.

For whoever goes through the same issue, there's an app that can do all this, and more. and It's called Multi-Location Inventory.

It helped me with both this issue and the Order Routing complications.

Did you find my response useful? Mark it as "Accepted solution" so others can see it, or just like it.

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

Kalen_Jordan
Shopify Partner
521 17 77

I think you should be able to do this by setting a metafield on the product to indicate which markets it's in stock in, and then in the theme file you should be able to use a bit of liquid code to show it as out of stock for that market.

If you're open to a 3rd party app, I should be able to build this out for you using our app mesa.

PurplePartner
Shopify Partner
189 17 32

Hi @Kalen_Jordan ,

The metafield will automatically update once Inventory A it's out of stock, or how is this going to be?

Kalen_Jordan
Shopify Partner
521 17 77

Yeah we could trigger on inventory level updated and then set the metafield based on the inventory levels by location.

PurplePartner
Shopify Partner
189 17 32

Still looking for an answer

PurplePartner
Shopify Partner
189 17 32

Still looking for an answer. I'll most likely try the app mentioned in the meantime though.

PurplePartner
Shopify Partner
189 17 32

Anyone with any solution here?

PurplePartner
Shopify Partner
189 17 32

This is an accepted solution.

For whoever goes through the same issue, there's an app that can do all this, and more. and It's called Multi-Location Inventory.

It helped me with both this issue and the Order Routing complications.