Do payouts reflect deductions for shipping and fees?

Do payouts reflect deductions for shipping and fees?

UrsulaB
Visitor
2 0 0

Perhaps a stupid question, but do payouts reflect the deductions of shipping, subscriptions and other fees? Or do I have to deduct these manually to get my bottom line?  For example, if my total payouts for the year are $9100, is that how much I made after all the fees came off, or is this my revenue before the fees, shipping, etc?

Thanks

Replies 2 (2)

Emily
Shopify Staff
1398 103 194

Hi, @UrsulaB.

Thank you for reaching out! 

Your Shopify payment payouts will not deduct shipping charges, subscription fees, or other fees besides credit card fees. Shipping charges and subscription fees will be charged to the credit card you have on file with which you have been paying your subscription fee. The only time your payout will have any deductions is a refund or a chargeback, as well as the credit card fee.

If your payout total for the year was $9100, that is how much revenue you made before shipping charges and subscription fees. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions! 

Emily | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

SudheerDSSKR
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi Emily / Shopify Team, 

We are implementing Shopify Payments Payout sync as part of our API solution. I have a follow up to above question. As part of GET single payout response and Transactions response, I currently see shipping labels , shopify fees, merchant fees etc. Do these include the subscription fees as well in the same report? For example, would $38 per month of Basic plan be included in one of the Payout reports? Or these fees are charged separately to Shopify clients? 

Thanks