Do You Need Help With Customer Service?

ThePinkControll
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

If you’re looking for Shopify help STOP. That’s not what this post is about.

I’m running an idea by the community here.  I’m thinking of becoming a Shopify Partner and helping those without customer service experience, get their stores and service up to par. Aside from a decent product, that’s what really makes your business. I randomly attract folk asking for help anyway, I figure I may as well embrace it in the form of a partner.

So my question is, would some of you be interested in help with something like that? My back ground is 8 years at Apple providing internal and external CS, a couple years at Microsoft doing similar and over 25 years of business for myself. I won’t say I never have angry customers,  but my sales way outpace my returns, even when items are late. I attribute this to being able to deal with customers in a firm, fair and kind way (again not 100% effective, more like 85%).  

I’m testing the waters..what say you Shopify Community?

Replies 6 (6)

StephensWorld
Shopify Expert
1327 154 325

If you'd like to become a Shopify partner, then you certainly can apply to the Partners program. 

https://www.shopify.com/ca/partners 

However, you don't need to be a Shopify Partner to help others. Simply responding to forum posts on here will do the trick. 

If you're looking for people to hire you to help with their stores, posting on here probably isn't going to get you the work you're looking for. I've done 1000+ posts on here, and I can confirm that the forums aren't a good way to get leads/clients. 

If someone wanted to hire a Shopify Partner to help with their store, they would just use the official Shopify Partner directory (https://www.shopify.com/partners/directory) to find someone to work with. 

★ Did my post help? If yes, then please like and accept solution. ★

https://stephens.world
support@stephensworld.ca

ThePinkControll
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hi Stephen,

I was looking for neither answer you gave. No leads nor help to become a partner. Just an opinion. Sometimes people say exactly what they mean ;). 
But thanks for chiming in! Someone will need the info you gave for sure!

StephensWorld
Shopify Expert
1327 154 325

My opinion is that there are already 1000+ Shopify Partners available to help merchants get their stores set up. Simply having you sign up to join the Partners program isn't going to change the "customer service experience" that merchants get when working with Shopify. Anyone interested in paying for help has already considered hiring a Partner from the official directory ... and anyone who wants free help is able to post on these forums. If you want to help merchants, you can do so, regardless of if you're a Shopify Partner or not. 

I don't know what you were expecting, in terms of replies to this post, but best of luck to you! 🙂

★ Did my post help? If yes, then please like and accept solution. ★

https://stephens.world
support@stephensworld.ca

ThePinkControll
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Stephen…smh, lol. I will take the hit on this one as the last post there indicated to me that my post started off confusing. I can accept that Stop May throw a few off. But you I explained to a little further and you didn’t even indicate you were confused, just ran with yet another misinterpretation of what you ‘thought’ I meant and ended with ‘I don’t know what you were looking for…but never actually asked. 

So I will explain again or try to. Let’s see if this makes better sense.

I’m offering to help people with learning how to provide good customer service to their own customers. Not help the customer experience on Shopify Ie when they sign up. 
I get asked at least once a day how I combat issues like angry customers, who are upset about shipping times etc. My answer is…I’m really good at customer service, learned from the best over the years. 
Since I’m asked about this nearly every day, and seeing how bad some people are at it, I’m offering to help. And no, not willing to do it for free. I;m good enough at it to charge money for it.  My time is valuable, as all of our time is. 
so my post was not about leads or whatever you gleaned from it. Was just wondering if as many folk need help with it, as it appears they do via my IG, Facebook, LinkedIn and Reddit travels, And the daily messages I receive asking these questions.  
‘Just in case it was my magnetic personality and not a real need, I asked here. I have a whole mailbox full of people I can hit up for leads if I needed to. Here, just needed an opinion. Call it market research if it helps you understand better. 

odarellmc
Visitor
2 0 1

Well given that your posts started with STOP, instead of "thoughts about becoming a Shopify Partner.." I would advise against it. You have to play to the people you're asking. Starting with such a negative connotation wouldn't sit well with most.

ThePinkControll
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

I gotcha, I definitely will need to get more detailed in how I ask for opinions as it seems, I’ve confused a few.