Solved

Does Bogus Gateway work for testing subscription apps?

Danh11
Shopify Partner
81 2 32

I'm trying to test some subscription apps on a development store. I've enabled the Bogus Gateway in payments but some of the subscription apps are still unelegible due to no payment processor being set. 

When I go into payment settings, I still have the message of 'Development stores can only process test payments. Activate the test payment provider, or set your payment provider to test mode.' Does this mean that it thinks that I don't have the Bogus Gateway enabled? I've tried disabling and re-enabling it but still no luck.

Accepted Solution (1)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1023

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Danh11,

Great question. What the following means:

, I still have the message of 'Development stores can only process test payments. Activate the test payment provider, or set your payment provider to test mode.' Does this mean that it thinks that I don't have the Bogus Gateway enabled? I've tried disabling and re-enabling it but still no luck.

Is that because you're using a development store, it can only process test payments and is essentially in a Bogus gateway, until the store is out of development on a real Shopify plan. You can see the full limitations of a development store here

22-54-t7c66-tdvii

Is this what you meant? 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1023

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Danh11,

Great question. What the following means:

, I still have the message of 'Development stores can only process test payments. Activate the test payment provider, or set your payment provider to test mode.' Does this mean that it thinks that I don't have the Bogus Gateway enabled? I've tried disabling and re-enabling it but still no luck.

Is that because you're using a development store, it can only process test payments and is essentially in a Bogus gateway, until the store is out of development on a real Shopify plan. You can see the full limitations of a development store here

22-54-t7c66-tdvii

Is this what you meant? 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Danh11
Shopify Partner
81 2 32

@Nick yeah you're right. It's a development store. I was hoping to experiment with a couple of subscription apps to choose the best one for a client of ours. I guess I was hoping that activating the bogus gateway would allow for bogus subscriptions as well. Thanks for the clarification!