Does my plan subscription still get billed if I close my store before they charge me?

___2
1 0 0

Does my plan subscription still get billed if I close my store before they charge me?

0 Likes
Lisa
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
242 3 63

Hi there, 

Lisa here from the Shopify Social Care Team. 

If you close your store before your upcoming billing date, you will not be charged for the following month. This also applies if you're on a trial - you can cancel anytime within your trial period for free.

Please keep in mind, if you installed any paid apps or purchased shipping labels within the time your store was active, the remaining balance for these will be charged in a 'Cancellation invoice'. Be sure to cancel any app subscriptions you may have signed up for and uninstall the apps before you close the store. This will ensure you avoid being charged for apps you will no longer require. You will also no longer have access to your domains once you close the store, therefore remember to remove any custom domains, or transfer them away.

If you don't mind me asking, is there a particular reason why you're closing the store? I'd love to see if I help you with any challenges you're facing. Here's a great article on How to Get Your First Sale in 30 Days: A Marketing Checklist for New Entrepreneurs. 

I will leave you will this article on how to close your store if you still wish to proceed in closing the account. Feel free to reply if you'd like to ask anything else. 

- Lisa

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
hairul
1 0 0

Hi, i close my store but i forget to cancel some apps plan subscription thats under free trial. How do i cancel it now?

0 Likes
sparky337
Excursionist
56 0 7
When starting a trial store , or trial anything it's always apart to use a pre paid card that you can buy from a local gas station or Walmart. I know a guy who get hit for over $1000 USD for his first month of shopify.
0 Likes
MarlinahC
1 0 0
Hi I'm still getting billed after closing the store from pos nakhil...
0 Likes
Jddagahg
1 0 0

I had an annual subscription with Shopify and cancelled a day later than my bill was due. Will I be able to get my money back since I canceled it for the year I’m not using it 

0 Likes
Somethingtosay
1 0 0

I started to make the Shopify web page but my plans had changed and the template I’m using doesn’t work for what in need… it’s my second template… I actually think I’m being billed for 2 Shopify accounts and I only have one…the webpage just isn’t what I’m looking for…I’d like to delete and cancel my subscription 

0 Likes