Does shopify offer transport features, languages, and chat

hook
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, 

Can anyone tell me whether Shopify offers transport features, languages, and chat option on its website or not? As I can't see these features on their pricing plan.

Replies 3 (3)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

Hi, @hook!

Just to confirm, by chat options are you referring to adding a chat service to your store so customers can contact you? If so, businesses on Shopify are able to add this functionality onto their storefront by installing a chat app from our Shopify App store. An example of such app is our very own Shopify Inbox, which is available for free.

You'd also be able to translate your store into different languages too, if that is another functionality that you're looking for. Much like adding the chat service, you can add a translation app to your store in order to offer customers the option to browse on your store with their chosen language. Keep in mind that with adding apps onto your store for extra functionalities, the majority of them are made by third-party developers outside of Shopify. So if you have any questions about them, I recommend getting in touch with the app developers directly, as they are best equipped to answer app-specific queries.

You also mentioned transport features, by this are you meaning migration tools to help you migrate your current store to Shopify? If so, we have a Store importer app to help businesses switch their store from another platform to Shopify.

Are you currently selling online at the moment on another platform, or looking to start a new venture on Shopify?

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

hook
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you for your reply.  

The third answer I am not satisfied with as I meant Does Shopify offer carriers/transportation options to send my products to customers by air or land transport (like DHL, DPD etc ..)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

Ah I see, thanks for the clarification @hook.

To ship products to your customers, you will need to link a shipping carrier to your store. Depending on where your business is based, you can either:

1. Use Shopify Shipping to connect your store with Shopify's partner shipping carriers
  2. Or you can integrate your own chosen shipping carrier onto your store, either directly from within the Shopify admin or by installing a third-party shipping app

If your business has a fulfillment location based in the United States, Canada, Australia, or the United Kingdom, I recommend making use of the Shopify Shipping service for the following benefits:

• Display real-time calculated shipping rates to your customers at checkout
  • Get reduced rates for your shipping labels
  • Print shipping labels directly from your Shopify admin's order page

I'll also link some more resources below for further information on shipping:

Where is your store or business based, and what are you planning to sell?

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog