Domain disconnected with shopify for no reason

CSA
Visitor
2 0 2

Hello, 

Our shopify website went down today suddenly. We had revamped out entire theme last month and it has been live since then. But today it is not opening. The domain name provider says there is no issue at their end. 

Any suggestions on what the issue might be. Snapshot is attached below: 

Screenshot 2023-06-15 111955.png

Replies 4 (4)

Rick
Shopify Staff
944 87 145

Hi @CSA 

Thanks for reaching out!

I understand you are having an issue with the domain on your store. I'd be happy to help troubleshoot this with you.

Can you confirm who the domain provider is? You mentioned that you revamped the theme last month - did you add the domain at the same time or make any changes to the domain? I am curious to know if the domain has previously been working OK and just suddenly displayed the 'not connected' error message?

I tried accessing the domain itself and from what I can tell it appears to be functioning OK. I can access the store, and I am not seeing any issues on my end whatsoever. Can you confirm if this issue is still happening, or perhaps since you wrote this post the issue has resolved itself?

I also took a closer look at the DNS setup for this chhotisiasha.org domain, and from what I can tell it is set up correctly and all looks good - The A Record and CNAME are set up correctly according to our specifications here.

Do you have the option to view more information about the domain in the Settings > Domains section of your store? I am wondering if you have the ability to verify the connection there, and if the 'not connected' message is still showing there. Once I have more information, I can suggest potential ways to resolve this! Looking forward to hearing back.

Rick | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

thestudi0
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Rick,

I am having this exact same issue for the-studio-academy.com. The website works and then it comes up with a privacy error. I don't have the option to view more information about the domain in the Settings > Domains section of my store.

thestudi0
Visitor
2 0 0

thestudi0_0-1703064446721.pngthestudi0_1-1703064469386.png

Rick
Shopify Staff
944 87 145

Hi @thestudi0 

Thanks for reaching out here for help, and welcome to the Shopify Community.

I understand that you are experiencing an issue with your domain, where it is showing a privacy error when accessing your store. This would generally indicate an issue with the SSL certificate for the domain.

I accessed your store, and I did not see the error on my side. Perhaps you had just recently connected the domain when you posted here, and the domain privacy error has since resolved itself? Sometimes it can take up to 48 hours for domain changes to fully propagate across the internet.

I had a brief look at the DNS setup for the domain, and I cannot see any obvious issues or mistakes with the setup, and all looks OK from what I can see. If you are still experiencing an issue with this privacy error, I would encourage you to reach out to our support team directly, so that we can take a closer look at your domain setup and do our best to assist.

You can reach our team on our help center here. How is the store coming along so far? Are you new to Shopify and just setting everything up for the first time?

Rick | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog