Domain Getting Disconnected

Manny
Shopify Expert
25 0 3

Hey Shopify Community, 

My domain at third-party is getting disconnected every hour or so.  Haven't faced this issue before.   Everything looks good with my records.  When I retry connection, it comes back with no issues. 

Any ideas on why it is getting disconnected?

image.png

Thanks,

Manny

apollomerchants.com
Replies 28 (28)
Breann
3 0 0

Hi Peter,

We are having the same domain disconnecting issues with our new domain.  Can you assist please.

Thanks,

Breann

Trevor
Community Moderator
3086 401 629

@Breann 

Did you purchase the domain through Shopify, or through a third-party?

If a third-party:

• How much time has passed since you updated the DNS settings?
  • What is the URL?

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Breann
3 0 0

Hi Peter,

The domain was purchased through a third-party.  The DNS settings were updated last Wednesday, again on Friday and Saturday and we spoke with them again yesterday.  They are saying everything is correct on their end.  The URL is Partyamerica.com.  It will occasionally connect, but not for long.

Thanks,

Breann

Trevor
Community Moderator
3086 401 629

@Breann 

Great, thanks! Taking a look at public records, the DNS changes have not been applied successfully: 

05-14-53859-83093

05-15-78537-48094

The "A" record for your root domain "partyamerica.com" will need to point to 23.227.38.65 - Your subdomain "www.partyamerica.com" will need to have a CNAME record of shops.myshopify.com and not an "A" record. Your domain provider will need to provide further assistance on getting these records to appear publicly. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Faz1213
2 0 0
  1. C2106940-5CB1-48BA-AB0E-1ED5DCC669CB.jpeg

Hi!

I'm also facing the same problem. I have a third-party domainname via 123 reg, which is connected to my Shopify store. The connection itself works perfectly. However, it keeps getting disconnected. Sometimes within minutes, other times after a few hours, or after a few days. When this happens, I login and verify the connection again which goes through successfully and works as normal for a few hours/days, before disconnecting. It’s a repeat circle and it’s really getting frustrating.

My website is www.falouse.com

At the moment the connection works, but I expect it to go down again.

I have attached a screenshot of my advance DNS setup, if you can guide me through which lines to delete it would be much appreciated.

On a separate note my SSL security has been pending for over 48 hours now, I would like to get this resolved as well, can someone from Shopify tech support please have a look into this for me.

Another issue I have also been experiencing is the visit tally, my close friends and family have been testing the site by visiting it and the live count as well as the normal count is not registering, it shows desktop visits by people in other countries but when my family and friends in the same country as me (UK) test it in my presence I do not see the tally counter capture their visits. 

if it’s easier please call me to discuss or post a number on here for me to call. Thanks.

Best regards,

Faz

JonWright
Shopify Partner
771 110 332

For your DNS issue, you have same problem as others, you have multiple A records which is why it isn't working consistently. You should only have one A record, 23.227.38.65. Once that fix has propagated that should also solve your SSL issue.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
Owner of Neuralcandy Shopify Agency
Faz1213
2 0 0
Thanks Jon.

How about my query regarding the other issue regarding the visitor tally, my close friends and family have been testing the site by visiting the site on their mobile phones and the live count as well as the normal count is not registering, it registers the desktop visits but when my family and friends in the same country as me (UK) test it on their mobile phones in my presence I do not see the tally counter capture their visits.

Is there a contact number for the support team? Thanks.

Kind regards,

Faz

JonWright
Shopify Partner
771 110 332

Hi - re tracking - could be for any number of reasons and probably not helped by the A record issues you have. Mobile phones have loads of browser privacy features built in to prevent various forms of tracking, so could just be that. I think it's just one of those things not to worry about.

Re Shopify support, don't think there is a number but I think they have a support channel on Twitter as well.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
Owner of Neuralcandy Shopify Agency
RashStew
1 0 0

We are having the same issues. We do not have multiple A records and we have had to manually add the CNAME.  This is the 2nd time in a week our site has gone down. We use a third party domain provider. Shopify support helped trouble shoot but this can't keep happening.

Shopify support says its a 3rd party problem, but folks in this thread are having issues with hosts different from us. Seems like a Shopify problem. A permanent solution is appreciated.