Domain purchased then refunded, not working

nzbrewing
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi,

I purchased two domains via Shopify yesterday, received the email receipt, . Yet, when I went to connect it, it came up with an error. I checked my credit card and Shopify Billing settings and they stated the transaction was refunded. If I go to re-purchase, it now says the domains are not available. Any idea why? I really needed these domains.

Replies 3 (3)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

Hi, @nzbrewing!

Thanks for reaching out about this.

I can definitely empathise with your situation here, as I actually had a similar situation happen to me when I was purchasing my own domain. Out of interest, is the domain you're trying to purchase a .co.nz one? If so, this issue is something that can happen to some .co.nz domains, although not often. This, however, is something that our internal team can help look into.

To look into your domains and store further, we'd need to access your account. While we aren't able to provide account-specific support within our Shopify Community Forums at this stage, we'd like to continue helping you. You can visit our Help Centre here, and log in to your account to create a support request with our Support Team. From there, our internal team will be able to continue assisting you with your domain queries.

Once you're able to get your domain issue resolved, it's a good idea to also set up a custom domain email address. This will help you further enhance your store's brand, while strengthening trust with prospective customers.

Let me know if you have any questions about the information above! I'd be happy to answer them.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

nzbrewing
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi, I don't have the option to create a support request... how can I do this?

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

Thanks for getting back to me, @nzbrewing.

Just to clarify, are you having issues in navigating to our Help Centre?

To create a support request with our internal Support Team, you can visit our Help Centre by clicking here. Once you're logged into your store, you can type in your question or the topic that you're needing help with (in this case, domains). After that, you will be provided with a few different Help Centre documents that may help you resolve your issue. If you scroll down to the bottom of that same page however, it will give you the option to contact our internal Support Team. You should see a 'Get Support' section and if you click on 'Continue', it will prompt you to select one of the ways that you can get in touch with an internal Support Team member to further assist you.

Let me know how you go with the steps above!

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog